1Password hangs when trying to activate or update the program

Options
reckhou
reckhou
Community Member
edited July 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I've suffered extreme slow speed when I tried to activate my Windows version of 1 password. The whole application stopped respond for several minutes. After it went back, I tried to unlock the vault but seems even this not working either. When I tried to update again the notice "checking for new version" flashed and disappeared. I've also tried to restart my computer, restart 1 password helper, even tried to activate through VPN but nothing seems working. To compared with Mac version, I'm afraid to say the whole thing is a terrible mess on Windows :(

Here's the list that not working on Windows:

Wifi-sync
Activation
Update
Unlock-vault

Please help...

1Password Version: 4.5.0.575
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Wifi

Comments

• reckhou
    reckhou
    Community Member
    Options

BTW, the process "Agile1pAgent.exe" caused my whole system stopped responding when entering for minutes. It caused about 10%-20% CPU usage. I have to kill it through process manager.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @reckhou,

That doesn't sound right, it sounds like 1Password is being interfered with and then got stuck in a loop. We've seen this before when an aggressive anti-malware solution filters or block the connection.

Can you tell us if you have an anti-malware solution installed and if yes, which one? Can you check its logs to see if it tries to blocked 1Password? If possible, try to disable the AV and let 1Password check for update to see if it works. If yes, add an exception for 1Password and its process in your anti-malware program.

This discussion has been closed.