paj418
paj418
Community Member

We're having a problem with syncing on one of our iPads. Details

iPad Air 2 / iOS 8.4
1Password 5.4.3

Windows version 4.5.0.575

Sync with DropBox

All three Windows machines and my iPad are fine and correctly synced. My wife's iPad is not correct and I cannot sync it. On my iPad, I get "Sync Service Dropbox >". On hers, I get "Choose a sync method". I choose, "Sync with dropbox", and i get "Vault Mismatch". "more info" says the dropbox folder only has 37 items (updated 6/28/15) where it should be over 200. The dropbox folder on her machine is correct as far as I can tell, mostly photos. I don't know how to determine if the 1Password.agilekeychain is correct.

How do I get her machine to sync correctly and automatically like mine does?

FWIW, hers used to work fine and no, I don't know what if anything she changed.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @paj418

Sorry to hear about the trouble getting the iPad to sync with Dropbox. Could you please tell me: do you share a Dropbox account (login with the same credentials) or do you have separate accounts and share the 1Password folder via the Dropbox interface? If the latter, could you please check and make sure those sharing settings are still in place?

Also could you please try logging into Dropbox's website on whichever Dropbox account she normally logs into and try accessing 1PasswordAnywhere? Do the items all show up there?

1PasswordAnywhere information: https://support.1password.com/guides/mac/1passwordanywhere.html

Thanks!

Ben

• paj418
    paj418
    Community Member

Yes, we only have one Dropbox account. I accessed 1PasswordAnywhere through the Dropbox website using the instructions you provided and the data there was wrong! It reflected the incorrect data my wife sees on her iPad. I double checked my iPad by first changing a login entry on my Windows machine and the change was correctly reflected on my iPad. Further, I checked my Android phone and the 1Password data was wrong there also, however it was correct on her Android phone. So here's were we stand:

1 shared Dropbox account
    2 Windows desktops: 1Password data correct
    1 Windows laptop: 1Password data correct
    1 iPad Air 2: 1Password data correct
    1 iPad air 2: 1Password data incorrect
    1 Android Galaxy S4: 1Password data incorrect
    1 Android Galaxy S5: 1Password data correct
    1PasswordAnywhere: 1Password data incorrect

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @paj418 ,

Thanks so much for checking into this! So, what we want to do here is reset sync to ensure that all of your devices are pointing at the correct keychain.

First, a question: is there data on the currently incorrect devices that needs to be preserved or is it all out-dated?

• paj418
    paj418
    Community Member

It's all incorrect. We rarely update 1Password from anywhere except on our computers. The only one that worries me is the 1PasswordAnywhere error. I didn't even know that existed until this morning. I would have expected if anything was right that would be since it launches from the 1Password.agilekeychain folder.

• Hi @paj418,

Is there a chance you might have more than one 1Password vault in your Dropbox account? That might explain why you got the mismatch error in the beginning and why 1PasswordAnywhere is showing something different as you have a second vault that the other devices are sync'ing with.

On Dropbox.com, can you search for other .agilekeychain folders? If you find a different one, go to its 1Password.html and see if it then shows the right data.

• paj418
    paj418
    Community Member

No, "Search" only finds one folder. I agree, it's got to be getting the bad data somewhere, but I have no idea where. If anything should be correct, it should be 1PasswordAnywhere at Dropbox.com, but it isn't. I checked my wife's iPad this morning and it correctly reflects a photo she took on her Android phone last night.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @paj418,

So one last sanity check and then a suggestion.

On any of your Windows machines can you launch 1Password for Windows please and open up your vault. Having done so can you enter 1Password's preferences (the cog on the toolbar) and switch to the General tab if necessary. In there you will see the path of either the agilekeychain or OPVault container. The default I believe is agilekeychain so that's more likely. Make a note of everything after the Dropbox folder.

On the iPad with the incorrect vault can you launch 1Password for iOS and enter 1Password's Settings (the cog in the bottom left hand corner). In there can you tap on the line that says Sync. It should take you to a Sync screen and the top line should say Sync Service Dropbox > - tap that line. The next screen is the important one. The top line should say Dropbox with a tick to the left hand side but more importantly there is a path just below that in grey text. It should start with a / which is the equivalent of the Dropbox folder on your Windows machine but after that the path should match the one on your Windows box.

The first thing worth trying is back on your Windows machine. In 1Password use the menu option File > Repair 1Password Vault and let Dropbox sync those changes. Does that make any difference? You'll know if it does based even just on 1PasswordAnywhere.

If it doesn't and if your other iPad is definitely correct we could use it to recreate a brand new agilekeychain. Let's see if the repair function has any effect though after we've eliminated any possibility of their being another vault at all.

• paj418
    paj418
    Community Member

On my Windows machine, I get "C:\Users\\Dropbox\1Password.agilekeychain" which is correct. On my wife's iPad, I get the following:

Sync
    Primary Vault
    Start Syncing >
    Items 203

I press Start Syncing:

Sync with iCloud
    Sync with Dropbox
    Sync using Wi-Fi

I press Sync with Dropbox and get

(i) >
    Using 2.16 GB of 4.5 GB

Next I get:

Choose a vault...
    /1Password.agilekeychain

I select that and get:

Vault Mismatch
    It appears that the data in the Primary vault is different from the vault you selected in Dropbox. We recommend that you do not merge these vaults.

There's More Info button that details the differences.

This isn't anything like what I get on my iPad which agrees with what you told me to expect.

Repair 1Password vault fixed everything: 1PasswordAnywhere, my Android phone (after a sync) and my wife'd iPad (without a sync).

So what was wrong?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015

Hi @paj418,

It's awesome to hear that repairing your vault got everything back on track! It's difficult to say exactly where things got tangled up ... but it sounds like something about the .agilekeychain file was preventing sync from happening correctly across all your devices. Our Knowledgebase can give a bit more detail on what 'Repair 1Password Vault' does.

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any further questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.