I need assistance for Windows 7

Options

Does 1password not work unless you pay for it. I chose the trial but when I click on the accounts I have installed it only brings up the login page of the accounts. A small window at the bottom of my screen says one password was not able to login. Having the same problem with my iPhone… I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi @balaboy,

Does 1password not work unless you pay for it.

1Password does work without any restrictions for the first 30 days and will revert to the free mode of only 20 items or if you have more than 20 items, you have to purchase a license to remove the trial restrictions (edit/add removed) after the 30 days.

I chose the trial but when I click on the accounts I have installed it only brings up the login page of the accounts. A small window at the bottom of my screen says one password was not able to login.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, 1Password isn't a subscription service, so there's nothing to log into. 1Password can only unlock and then show you the data you stored in 1Password.

Can you provide a screenshot to show this message?

• balaboy
    balaboy
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

I clicked "New Item", chose "Login", clicked OK on the prompt "It is recommended to create Logins using....." I then named the Title, put in my Username, entered my password and copy/pasted the URL address of the login page of the account I am trying to login to.
    Now the account is in the large box on the 1Password Trial page....showing Title...Location...Password (has a green bar) and Modified (showing the date)
    So when I click on the extension icon on the toolbar of IE and hover over "Logins" the account shows on the right.

Here is the problem: When I click it on, then the login page of that account opens just as it would if I clicked on the website to login to the account...then a tiny window pops up in the bottom right of my screen that says: 1Password could not fill any field on this page.
    I tried to upload a screen shot but that didn't seem to work.

• balaboy
    balaboy
    Community Member
    Options

Also on my iPhone when I click on the accounts I set up on 1Password...nothing happens. So far I'm not ready to buy something I can't get to work on Apply or PC

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @balaboy,

Can you try saving with the 1Password extension rather than creating it manually in the main 1Password program like that prompt said. By saving it with the extension, we can gather more information about the site and this information helps us fill the data in more accurately.

Here's how to save it manually

1. Go to your site in Internet Explorer, fill in the data manually but do not submit the form just yet
    2. Click on the 1Password button, go to Settings > Save New Login, and save your data
    3. Now, refresh the page and press Control + \ to fill your recently saved item

Did 1Password fill in properly?

Also on my iPhone when I click on the accounts I set up on 1Password...nothing happens.

This works differently as iOS is more restricted in what we can do. For filling in 1Browser, you have to tap on the Login item in 1Password and then tap on the URL to open it in 1Browser and 1Browser should then fill in your data.

If you're using Mobile Safari, you have to manually visit the site and then tap on the Share button to tap on 1Password, unlock and then tap on the Login to fill.

This guide will explain more: https://support.1password.com/guides/ios/fill-items-safari.html

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015
    Options

1Password could not fill any field on this page

@balaboy This is why you shouldn't ignore the warning.

Here are the recommended steps for saving a new Login item:

1. Open your web browser
    2. Navigate to a Login page
    3. Enter your username and password, and submit the Login page
    4. The 1Password auto-save window should come up, allowing you to create a new Login item.
  • balaboy
    balaboy
    Community Member
    Options

1Password now works with IE although one of my bank accounts will not.
    Firefox does not work at all.

For some reason the 1Password ID and Password I set up on my PC was not accepted on my iPhone. I tried to reset the password but it said email address already taken...so I created another ID and password.
    Problem is I will eventually like to sync my PC with 2 iPhones and 2 iPads.
    What should I do moving forward?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @balaboy,

1Password now works with IE although one of my bank accounts will not.

Bank sites are usually tough to handle, many of them pile on all sorts of non-web standard code to break the filling in order to promote an illusion of security on their sites, which would break both the accessibility tools and password managers like 1Password.

We'd like to take a look at it if you're okay with telling us the bank site's name here.

Firefox does not work at all.

Can you give us more details, it is not opening at all or it is opening but not filling at all? What's the Firefox version you're using and the version of 1Password extension installed for it.

For some reason the 1Password ID and Password I set up on my PC was not accepted on my iPhone. I tried to reset the password but it said email address already taken...so I created another ID and password.

I'm not sure what you mean, there are no such things as 1Password ID or password for that ID. The only thing you can do with 1Password is unlock with the master password, there are no email addresses or usernames involved.

Are you referring to the Dropbox.com sync account? If you're not sure, can you tell us where you tried to reset it or created the new ID, we'd like to see the URL.

• balaboy
    balaboy
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    • Bank acct. is Capital One
    • Firefox version is 38.0.5 Prompt says "could not fill any fields" on some of them. Others are opening now.
    • 1Password Version 4.5.0.575
      -Concerning 1Password ID and password...in order for me to communicate with you your site prompted me to login. [edited by MikeT: removed personal email addresses]

• Dropbox only opens the page that has a Download button in the middle of the page with "sign in" in the upper right corner. https://www.dropbox.com/

• balaboy
    balaboy
    Community Member
    Options

All the above items I was referring to is on Firefox.
    When I click "dropbox" from the 1Password dropdown on IE I get Error (403) "it seems you tried to do something we can't verify......." and I get the 1Password box saying "could not fill any fields on this page"

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @balaboy,

Bank acct. is Capital One

This has been problematic in the past for us, we'll take a another look and see what we can do.

Firefox version is 38.0.5 Prompt says "could not fill any fields" on some of them. Others are opening now.

We're seeing a bug where even if it fills in the data properly, it still prompts that. Can you confirm you're seeing this even after 1Password fills in or does it actually not fill?

-Concerning 1Password ID and password...in order for me to communicate with you your site prompted me to login.

I've edited your post to remove your email addresses as this is a public support forum. In addition, this is our support forum account you're referring to, not related to 1Password, the program.

I checked your profile, it is currently registered to *198* gmail account. So, it sounds like you should be okay now since you're posting. We just need to help you set up Dropbox to sync the data between both PC and your iOS devices, we'll explain how to do that later in the email.

Dropbox only opens the page that has a Download button in the middle of the page with "sign in" in the upper right corner.

You have to click on "Sign-in" to go to the login page and then ask 1Password to log you in by either pressing on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar to select the Login to log in or you can press "Control +\" to ask 1Password to fill in without using your mouse.

When I click "dropbox" from the 1Password dropdown on IE I get Error (403) "it seems you tried to do something we can't verify......." and I get the 1Password box saying "could not fill any fields on this page"

This is strange, I'm not able to replicate the problem on any of my computers. We need to investigate further on your PC setup as there's something not right. Can you email us your diagnostic report? Please use this guide to generate a diagnostic report to email to us and, in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email. We'll reply to your email about the Dropbox sync as well.

This discussion has been closed.