My granddaughter deleted 1Password from my iphone. Can I get it back with the passwords?

Options
Eleuthera
Eleuthera
Community Member

I can download 1password from my icloud but it doesn't have my data. Also, it won't let me use the touch ID.

Can you help me get my data from my initial 1Password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

That's really bad news.

No one has control of your data but you. There are two ways you could retrieve your data. If you synced the data to one of the available cloud solutions (iCloud or Dropbox), you will be able to sync the new installation to the same location and the data would return to to your phone. Also, if you made a backup to iTunes, you could also get the data back. But you would have had to take specific action to do that.

Does either of these apply to you? I hope so. If neither does, there won't be any way to retrieve your data. Deleting any iOS application also deletes all the data associated with them. AgileBits doesn't ever store your data; that is part of the security the application gives you.

Sorry if this is bad news for you.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Eleuthera ,

I'm so sorry to hear about this!

As Hawkmoth says, with 1Password, you have complete control over your data. Your data never leaves your device unless you choose to sync using a cloud service. This is a very important feature for a lot of users who don't like the idea of a password manager that stores their data on a company server. However, it does mean that if you have not synced your data to the cloud or made an off-device backup, your data exists only on your device.

Were you syncing your passwords using Dropbox or iCloud?

• Eleuthera
    Eleuthera
    Community Member
    Options

I thought I was syncing with iCloud but when I downloaded it from iCloud it was blank. Oh well I have started everything again and making sure I'm backing it up.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Eleuthera: I'm sorry to hear that! While making a backup of your 1Password data can help in that case in the future, you might want to set up some parental controls on the device to prevent her doing things with other apps as well. Yikes!

This discussion has been closed.