IDEAS!!!... Add Private Photos & scanning credit cards

Options
sherifelabd
sherifelabd
Community Member
edited July 2015 in iOS

PLEASE add a category of adding secure photos, where we can add private photos, example photos of ID, Passport, credit cards.... etc.
Also please add the ability to add credit cards by scanning them like apple passbook.

What do you think? Any other ideas?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

You can do those things, but only from the Mac or Windows desktop versions. Those would then sync to the iOS version, where you can view them.

There have been many other requests to add this ability directly to the iOS version, and I'm sure your suggestion will be counted as a vote in favor of that addition. The AgileBits folks have said they have it under consideration, and some have expressed their personal enthusiasm for adding it. But there is no promise or timeline for adding it.

When I started reading your post, I thought perhaps you wanted to use 1Password as a secure photo storage vault. It isn't designed for that, but the photos you describe would be fine. If you (or another reader who comes along) do want that function, there are othe applications that would do a much better job of that.

• sherifelabd
    sherifelabd
    Community Member
    Options

Yes exactly I wated to use 1Password as a secure photo storage vault this is what I meant, by maybe I miss expressed my self. Any suggestions for apps that would do so?

• mitchw
    mitchw
    Community Member
    Options

You can "attach" documents and images in the OS X version. It does sync up to the mobile app... You just can't add them directly from iOS

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@sherifelabd - Adding photos as attachments to records like credit cards, passports, licenses, etc. is fine, but you would seriously degrade performance if you used it for storage of lots of photos that aren't tied to records like those. Syncing would eventually crawl. Occasionally someone wants to store large collections of photos just to secure them, rather than to tie them to the information stored in 1Password. That isn't what 1Password is made for, but there are other applications that do provide for that.

I attach just the sort of photos your described in many of the records in my 1Password database.

• sherifelabd
    sherifelabd
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks.
    Any suggestions for such apps?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sherifelabd,

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions! As hawkmoth and mitchw have explained, you can attach files to items in 1Password on Mac or Windows and sync that to 1Password for iOS, but 1Password wasn't designed as a way to store collections of files/photos.

We do have a product like that for Mac which is called Knox. However, that's a product for Mac, and doesn't sync with other devices/computers.

If you're looking for a way to store just photos on iOS and securely sync them with other iOS devices or Macs, Apple's iCloud Photo Library feature might be what you're looking for (Apple encrypts your iCloud data so it should be secure). But if you're looking for an app that requires a password or Touch ID to access the files it stores, I believe there are many apps like that on the App Store, although I'm afraid I don't personally have much experience with those so I don't have a specific recommendation.

I'm sorry I don't have a better/more helpful answer for you about that! But if you have any questions about 1Password, please don't hesitate to let us know - we're always happy to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.