Incompatible with OS X 10.10.4?

Options
drobinson48
drobinson48
Community Member

I am using the OS X Beta of 10.10.4. It says after each installation that 1Password is incompatible and has been disabled. When in fact, it still is working. Will there be an update?

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: 4.3.1
OS Version: OS X 10.10.4 beta
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @drobinson48,

I'm sorry you're having a problem with 1Password! You said this is happening in a beta version of OS X 10.10.4, but Apple released the regular (non-beta) 10.10.4 update earlier this week. Can you please try installing the official 10.10.4 update from the Mac App Store and see if that helps?

If the same problem still happens after the stable 10.10.4 update, I'd like to get some more details about that:

It says after each installation that 1Password is incompatible and has been disabled.

What do you mean by "each installation"? It will help if you can describe what you're trying to do in 1Password as well as the exact steps you're taking to do it. Also, what is the exact error message you see? If possible, I'd love to see a screenshot of that error. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Thanks in advance!

• drobinson48
    drobinson48
    Community Member
    Options

OK, thanks. I thought I was still installing a beta version, because as in previous versions of 10.4.4, after the installation, it still said that 1Password was incompatible and had been disabled. But as I mentioned, 1Password still worked as advertised. Dick.

• drobinson48
    drobinson48
    Community Member
    Options

sorry, I meant 10.10.4. too early in the morning in Peru!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, @drobinson48! If you get a message about 1Password being incompatible, it's possible the message is referring to a component from an older version of 1Password left over somewhere on your Mac. It shouldn't be a problem (and it sounds like 1Password 5 works correctly), but if it happens again and you'd like some help to figure out what's going on, please send us a screenshot of the error message (or perhaps let us know what the exact/full message says) and that should help us understand what's happening.

We're always happy to help - no matter how early it is in Peru! ;)

• toomeysj
    toomeysj
    Community Member
    Options

I just upgraded to 10.10.4 and I get the following error

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @toomeysj,

Sorry for the trouble!

Could you please try re-installing 1Password and see if that helps?

• Open your Applications folder
    • Locate the 1Password 5.app in the list
    • Drag it to the trash can.

• Please don't use any uninstaller applications, these may remove more than just the application, such as your data. We do not recommend that. We only want to remove the application, none of the extra items.
    • After dragging it to the trash, please empty your trash, then restart your computer.

• After the reboot, please download a fresh copy of 1Password 5 from here: https://agilebits.com/downloads
    • Once downloaded, unzip if necessary and drag it to the Applications folder. Then double click to run it.

Please let us know if that fixes it. :)

• toomeysj
    toomeysj
    Community Member
    Options

Deleting 1Password5 are reinstalling worked for OSX 10.10.4. Thanks

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@toomeysj, on behalf of Jasper, you're very welcome! I'm glad that solved the problem for you.

If you need anything else, please let us know - we're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.