Master password

Mtnbiker477
Mtnbiker477
Community Member

I created a master password on my iPhone when I first joined 1password, but have since changed the master password. I had to reset my phone and now it is trying to get me to put in the original password even though the updated password still works on my iPad. I don't remember what that original password was. Any idea why it is not accepting the updated password? (I know it is wanting the original password I set up because of my password hint).

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Mtnbiker477 ,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password. In order to get this sorted out, I'll need to know a little bit more about your 1Password ecosystem:

• What is the version number of 1Password that you have installed? (Please include all relevant computers and devices)
    • What is the version number of your operating system (for all computers and devices)?
    • What are you using to keep things in sync?
    • When you reset your phone, how did you get your data back into 1Password? (Did you restore from a backup or point 1Password at your synced datafile?)

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

• Mtnbiker477
    Mtnbiker477
    Community Member

Thanks for answering me, I was able to remember my old password and get back in.

• AGMarshall
    AGMarshall
    1Password Alumni

@Mtnbiker477 glad to hear you were able to get into 1Password via the old master password. Please give us a shout if we can be of further assistance.

This discussion has been closed.