Conflicts in iOS version

Options
qqmech
qqmech
Community Member

I have a credit card. In the attributes, there is a section titled CONFLICTS. Under there is a cc number, a validation number, and about a million (+/-) expiry dates (all the same). Seems odd.

1Password Version: 5.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOs 8.3
Sync Type: WiFi

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

How do those entries compare with those on your Mac for the same item? Have you reset wifi sync at all recently?

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @qqmech,

In addition to the questions from Stephen, I wanted to mention that conflicts show up when 1Password is unable to determine which item has the newer information during a sync, with conflicting data saved in the conflict section to ensure that no information is lost. Under normal circumstances, the data in the conflict section is different than the corresponding field(s) in that item, and you can edit the item to keep only the correct information.

Normally, a sync conflict happens when an item has been updated from two different sources at the same time. From your description, it sounds like the conflict section might have the exact same data that is already in the other regular fields of that Credit Card item. Unless you made the same changes to that item from two different devices, this could have happened if the sync service somehow modified the timestamps incorrectly. Or, it could have been due to a bug in an older version of 1Password which you didn't notice until now.

In either case, try simply editing that credit card item to delete the conflict section (making sure you have all the correct data in the other fields of that item). If the conflict section does not get recreated, then it's nothing to worry about, and was likely due to an old bug which has since been fixed.

If you need more help with that or anything else, just let us know. :)

• richardgee
    richardgee
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

I also saw this for the first time - it's a good feature, but is there any way to search for conflicting items? Unfortunately searching for "Conflicts" doesn't match the section title.

If there isn't, it would be a good feature to add! Maybe even an option to provide a warning on startup.

• Ben
    Options

I'm not aware of any way to search for items that have conflicts, unfortunately, but I like the suggestion! I'll be happy to pass it along to our development team for their consideration. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.