Log-In not working from within Chromium, but works in FF

LosInvalidos
LosInvalidos
Community Member
edited April 2011 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
(on german banking site) ING-DiBa
Hi all,

I'm very happy to see some action on the Chrome/Chromium side of 1Password. I have some issues of a log-in with a banking web-site: If I try to log in on https://wertpapiere.ing-diba.de/DE/Showpage.aspx?pageID=71 from within Chromium it does not work. I am being returned to the exact same page and can't log in. If I then manually copy & paste the password and manually hit "Anmelden" (log-in) I can log-in.

When I test the same form within Firefox 4, the log-in is accepted and I am inside. I thought when I replace the current log-in form from with-in Firefox and re-save it, that might help, but it brings no change.

Comments

• I'm very happy to see some action on the Chrome/Chromium side of 1Password.

Me too! I'm glad you can see them. What I mean is we are constantly working on making 1Password the best it can be but often the changes are internal ones that no one sees. It's always fun to be able to work on important changes but even more fun when others can see the results, too! :)

I have some issues of a log-in with a banking web-site: If I try to log in on https://wertpapiere.ing-diba.de/DE/Showpage.aspx?pageID=71 from within Chromium it does not work. I am being returned to the exact same page and can't log in. If I then manually copy & paste the password and manually hit "Anmelden" (log-in) I can log-in.

Please try turning off Autosubmit for this login. A common thread this week has been Autosubmit misbehaving on German websites. I have some ideas for improvements but they are aggressive changes so I need to take the time to make sure it doesn't have a negative effect other sites.
  • LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member
    So are you trying to say german web-developers suck? Just kidding...

Turning off auto-submit and manually clicking log-in is working fine. Thanks for the tip. Strange that it's working with FF (and auto-submit activated).

• So are you trying to say german web-developers suck? Just kidding...

No, I'm just wondering why they can't do everything in English! :D

Just joking of course :)

Turning off auto-submit and manually clicking log-in is working fine.

Thanks for the update; I'm glad that worked.

I couldn't stop thinking of this issue after posting my reply so I played with this site for a few more hours and found a way to make Autosubmit not break. It doesn't submit the form automatically, but it at least no longer accidentally submits the search form by accident.

You can upgrade to the latest beta, edit your login to re-enable Autosubmit, and then try again. It should properly fill the login and leave the form un-submitted.

Thanks for the tip. Strange that it's working with FF (and auto-submit activated).

Yes, this is a constant source of issues because the Chrome extension needs to do things completely differently from the Firefox extension. We have the majority of situations covered but we're still working on polishing the edge cases.
  • LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member
    dteare wrote:

You can upgrade to the latest beta, edit your login to re-enable Autosubmit, and then try again. It should properly fill the login and leave the form un-submitted.

Using 1Password Beta - Version: 3.6.2.30946 Chrome extension now. Behaves exactly as you describe: Fills the log-in and stays on the site (despite auto-log-in being activated) for me to click "Anmeldung" and then succeeds when I click that.

Muchias Gratias, Dave!

Guess this thread can be closed?

• Using 1Password Beta - Version: 3.6.2.30946 Chrome extension now. Behaves exactly as you describe: Fills the log-in and stays on the site (despite auto-log-in being activated) for me to click "Anmeldung" and then succeeds when I click that.

Yay! (clap)

Now the next step is to make it autosubmit, but I have to be honest and say this web site uses some very weird coding conventions. I'm not sure we'll ever get this particular site to submit correctly.

Muchias Gratias, Dave!

De nada :)

Guess this thread can be closed?

Ok. Good idea.
This discussion has been closed.