Pin Code Disappeared?

Options
NoahBoa
NoahBoa
Community Member
edited July 2015 in iOS

When I sign into 1Password the numeric pin code option has disappeared? I can't even see settings for this option anymore. What am I missing? The touch option does not seem to work either.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @NoahBoa,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the PIN Code in 1Password! You said it "disappeared", does that mean you needed to unlock 1Password with your master password instead? Did that work, or are you having trouble entering your master password?

Assuming you can unlock 1Password with your master password, you should then be able to go to Settings > Security, where you should see either a Touch ID or a PIN Code setting (the option you see there depends on whether your device supports Touch ID). Please note that you must have a passcode on your device in order to set up the Touch ID / PIN Code feature in 1Password.

If your iOS device has Touch ID, you can find more information here: Touch ID FAQs (1Password for iOS)

I hope that helps, but please let us know if you're still having trouble with that!

• NoahBoa
    NoahBoa
    Community Member
    Options

I went to settings and switched Touch ID on. I have an iPhone 6 Running IOS 8.3. When I launch 1P the Touch ID icon comes up very small but touching it does not activate anything and when I cancel it it goes to Password? I am confused.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @NoahBoa,

When I launch 1P the Touch ID icon comes up very small but touching it does not activate anything

Do you mean you are touching the small fingerprint image on the screen of the iPhone? If so, that's actually just the standard symbol for Touch ID, it's just an image. You'll need to put your finger on the physical button below the screen (which is where the Touch ID hardware is located).

Does that help? If I misunderstood you, please let me know.

• NoahBoa
    NoahBoa
    Community Member
    Options

That did it!!! Sorry

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No problem at all, @NoahBoa! And no need to apologize, we're always happy to help - and I'm glad it turned out to be something simple instead of a more difficult problem. ;)

We're here for you if you need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.