Menu app icons on Knox descr page

MichaelC
MichaelC
Community Member
This item is really [OFF], one for the lounge only. Looking at the Knox description page:

http://agilewebsolutions.com/knox

I'm wondering what applications are the menu bar icons across the top of the screenshot. I recognize TextExpander, Dropbox and Knox but the others are a mystery. Would you mind sharing?

I am always on the lookout for more efficiencies and better tools and I consider you guys having your finger on the pulse of modern and focused tools. 1Password has revolutionized my day to day. Say no more.

Thanks!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2011
    Welcome to the forums, MichaelC!

Thanks for the kind words. :-)

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=609

From left to right:

I hope that helps you become a bit more efficient, but don't spend too much time downloading them all and playing around. It's time to get back to work. :lol:

Best regards,
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited April 2011

The wife said to say gee thanks... I just paid $9.99 in the app store for it. :P

Seriously thanks I was looking for a good IRC client and Adium was well..... just bugging me as I tend to use it for IM only, then Colloquy well I just never really latched onto it. All that said I really like Linkinus. :D
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2011
    We just recently switched away from IRC in favor of Campfire here, but Linkinus was always a bit of a memory hog for me. I love that it has a menu bar "agent" that will run in the background even when you quit the main application, it looks great, and it has great features. Right before we switched to Campfire (via Propane), I was using Textual for IRC for its low memory footprint — smaller than any of the other OS X IRC clients. Since I really only need IRC for text chat, I wasn't really willing to use an application that used much memory. It seemed like a pretty simple task with modest memory requirements. :-)

That being said, if you have the memory to spare, you can't get much better than Linkinus. It's the Cadillac to Textual's motorcycle. But you're talking to the guy who sold his car over a year ago and only gets around on two wheels these days. :lol:
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited April 2011
    The wife said gee thanks I could have got textual for 1/2 the price of Linkinus and she could have got a game for the iPad. :) I like it though, it has a bug in the setup (joining room for first time) but once thats done it just works.
    Funny I dont notice any huge memory usage I am using v. 2.3.1 / 24790

I do however notice one app that is way up there I may need to kick it around a bit, Thanks for making me look around :)

Guess I gotta but that game just to maintain the peace. LOL

As for the 2 wheel thing now that depends foot power or horsepower either way in you neck of the woods I would say it could be a good option either way.

Edit : I just tried the trial of textual its not to shabby itself.

Edit : Correction I think the bug above was and end user bug and not linkinus. :P
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2011
    Funny I dont notice any huge memory usage I am using v. 2.3.1 / 24790

It is very possible that they have decreased memory usage since I last used it, but I was also running it on a system with only 2 GB of RAM. Every MB counted.

Guess I gotta but that game just to maintain the peace. LOL

Happy wife; happy life. ;-)
  • MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

I hope that helps you become a bit more efficient, but don't spend too much time downloading them all and playing around. It's time to get back to work. :lol:

Thanks for this Khad! Yes it is easy to travel down the hyper-efficiency road. I'll try not to get lost.

Incidentally, I didn't receive a notification that you had posted. When using external login source, does the forum not allow post notification? Checking my profile< it seems to know my preferred email address and topic notification is on... I check spam, but nothing.

Thanks again.

Mike
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for this Khad! Yes it is easy to travel down the hyper-efficiency road. I'll try not to get lost.

Not a problem at all. I certainly don't have a map, but I have been lost myself before. :-D

Incidentally, I didn't receive a notification that you had posted. When using external login source, does the forum not allow post notification? Checking my profile< it seems to know my preferred email address and topic notification is on... I check spam, but nothing.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll check up on this.
This discussion has been closed.