How do I sync my 1Password on my iPhone with my iPad?

Options
JackieK
JackieK
Community Member

I have an iPad 6 running iOS 8.4 and a new iPad Mini 3, also running iOS 8.4. Is ther a way for,the 2 devices to sync or must I purchase the app once again for the iPad. By the way, I also own 1Password on my MacBook Pro.

1Password Version: 5.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.4
Sync Type: Not sure

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Is ther a way for,the 2 devices to sync or must I purchase the app once again for the iPad.

So long as you use the same Apple ID on both iOS devices you can download 1P for iOS on the Mini and restore the pro features on that without any additional payment: see this knowledge base article (and the link included in it):

If I purchase the Pro Features once, are they unlocked for my other iOS devices?

That will enable you to sync 1P data between your iOS devices using iCloud, Dropbox or wifi.

Just for clarification (in case you want to sync to your MacBook Pro as well), 1P for Mac and 1P for iOS are completely separate products. In other words, if you need 1P for Mac you have to buy it. The cost of it has nothing to do with whether or not you have 1P for iOS.

1Password is licensed per person and per platform, rather than per device. You can read more about AgileBits' approach to software licensing in this knowledge base article.

You can buy 1P for Mac either from the Mac App Store or direct from the AgileBits store. There are two things to bear in mind:

1. If you ever want to use iCloud to sync 1P data between your Mac and iPhone you must buy 1P from the Mac App Store because the version from the AgileBits store doesn't support iCloud sync (following changes made by Apple on the launch of OS X Yosemite). Both versions support sync of 1P data by either local wifi or Dropbox.
    2. If you have owned an earlier version of 1P for Mac you may be entitled to an upgrade discount if you buy from the AgileBits store. That discount won't be available if you buy from the Mac App Store.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JackieK: Just to add to Stephen_C's already excellent answer, you can also find a good overview of the various sync options in our knowledgebase. But be sure to let us know if you have any other questions about licensing, syncing, or, well...anything else. We're always here to help! :)

• JackieK
    JackieK
    Community Member
    Options

All done... simple and very sweet! Thanks!

• AGMarshall
    AGMarshall
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JackieK Glad to hear the instructions were easy to follow. On behalf of Brenty and Stephen_C, you are very welcome!

This discussion has been closed.