Fingerprint option not avalible after update

Options
supernailer
supernailer
Community Member

Upon your last update it is not letting me in using the fingerprint option. I can not seem to remember my master password. any help would be great

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

There are certain circumstances where 1P is always going to ask you for your master password (after a reboot of your iOS device, for example). In other words, you can't rely only on Touch ID for access to your 1P data. You may possibly find this knowledge base article helpful:

My Master Password is not being accepted. What should I do?

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@supernailer: Just in case there's any confusion, if you do not enter the Master Password and unlock the main 1Password app, it will be required (instead of Touch ID) until you do so.

Now, that may seem obvious, but what is not so obvious is that the 1Password extension is a process spawned from the main 1Password app, fresh each time. So if you haven't Master-Password-unlocked the main app yet, each time you use the extension it will also require the Master Password.

Otherwise, it may be that Touch ID itself is simply having issues, so resetting it can help in that case. Please let me know what you find! :)

This discussion has been closed.