Landscape view in 1Browser

Options
robersonclr
robersonclr
Community Member

Is there on option for viewing web pages in 1Browser in landscape view?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@robersonclr: No option; just rotate your device! But be sure that you don't have the iOS rotation lock on (hardware switch on the side, or software switch in Control Center) or 1Password won't be able to turn for you. Cheers! :)

• robersonclr
    robersonclr
    Community Member
    Options

No, did not work.

• robersonclr
    robersonclr
    Community Member
    Options

I have an iPhone 6 plus. I have the volume buttons on the left and the power button on the right. The portrait lock button in the control center is off.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

It works the way @brenty said for me on an iPad Air and an iPhone 6 (not Plus). I can rotate the iPhone to the orientation you describe, or the reverse. Sorry not to have a 6 Plus to try. Have you tried rotating so the home button is left, instead of right?

• robersonclr
    robersonclr
    Community Member
    Options

It works of course when using Safari web browser, but when I use the browser within 1Password, I cannot view webpages in landscape orientation.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @robersonclr ,

I'm sorry to hear this is still a problem for you! I've tested here on my own iPhone 5s, and as with the others, things seem to be behaving properly. Could you please confirm that you are on the latest version of 1Password? You can find 1Password's version number in the Settings screen, just below the 'Recommend 1Password' button.

• robersonclr
    robersonclr
    Community Member
    Options

Version 5.4.3

• Ben
    Options

Hi @robersonclr,

Unfortunately it does appear this is an issue on iPhone 6 Plus devices. Our developers have a bug filed on it and are investigating a fix. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Ben

ref: OPI-2645

• robersonclr
    robersonclr
    Community Member
    Options

When will this issue be corrected?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@robersonclr: I can't give you a timeframe on this, as there are unfortunately a lot of idiosyncrasies with the iPhone 6 Plus, but the development team is working on the problem.

• Fairgame
    Fairgame
    Community Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

I just had my iPhone 6Plus replaced under the warranty from Apple. The old iPhone 6Plus generated landscape mode in 1Browser (I'm 99% positive on this, but do not have the phone to test it obviously :-).
    The new one does not.
    Is there a setting I need to change somewhere? Or is it still reported as bug in iPhone 6Plus as mentioned above and in other posts?
    Thank you for your continuing excellent support.

PS: I know about Safari extension and use it when needed.

iPhone 6Plus iOS 8.4.1
    1PW 5.5
    Sync via Dropbox with iPad, OS X and Windows
    The new iPhone 6Plus was restored from iCloud Backup

• Hi @Fairgame,

The aforementioned bug report is still open. Unfortunately I don't have any news to share on that front, but I will add your vote to the issue.

Thanks!

Ben

• Fairgame
    Fairgame
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for quickest customer support on the planet!!!
    On Labor Day!! And Happy Labor Day as well.

Any idea why my old iPhone 6Plus worked in landscape? At least I do not remember having this issue. Does it affect only some 6Pluses?
    Just curious, thank you. I'll wait for resolution and use Safari as needed in the meantime.

• Thank you for quickest customer support on the planet!!!

You're most welcome.

And Happy Labor Day as well.

Thank you. To you as well. :)

Does it affect only some 6Pluses?

I do believe this affects all iPhone 6 Plus devices. I have not heard any reports contrary.

• Fairgame
    Fairgame
    Community Member
    Options

Well, I found out that if I put my iPhone 6 Plus in Zoomed view, the 1Browser works in landscape mode.
    Downside is that some other features of iPhone 6 Plus do not work in zoomed mode, such as split screen for emails, landscape view of home screen, to name few.
    So it depends on user preference, I will use zoomed mode because 1Browser landscape is more important than cool rotation of my icons.
    This also explained why landscape worked on my old iPhone 6 Plus.

On iPhone 6 Plus go to these settings to change. The iPhone will reboot each time the setting is changed (about 5 seconds reboot). Also I had to reset my home screen wallpaper each time iPhone rebooted.

Settings / Display / DisplayZoom / Zoomed

• Thanks for letting folks know about that work-around, @Fairgame!

• Fairgame
    Fairgame
    Community Member
    Options

This was fixed in iOS 9.0, running standard view and landscape mode in 1browser.

Thank you

iPhone 6 Plus
    iOS 9.0
    1PW 6.0

• Excellent news. Thanks for the update!

Ben

• robersonclr
    robersonclr
    Community Member
    Options

Success! The iOS 9 update did the trick.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yes! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that helped. You should be all set, but we're here if you need us! ;)

This discussion has been closed.