unlock 1password on your mac. there is a problem

Options
jhk
jhk
Community Member
edited July 2015 in iOS

Latest versions of 1P on my iPad2 (5.4.3) and on my Mac (5.4 Beta-20). IOS 8.4 on iPad and 10.10.4 on my iMac. Just opened 1P on my iPad, and a message appears asking me to "unlock 1Pasword on your Mac. There is a problem."

What's that all about? I dismiss the message and the iPad 1P works OK, and it does so on the Mac too. I have not actively asked for a wi-fi sync, and wi-fi is the only way I sync 1P between my devices.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jhk: 1Password is trying to Wi-Fi Sync, but it cannot do so if the server (the desktop app) is locked. It will attempt to Wi-Fi Sync any time you open the app. You "asked" for it when you paired the two when setting up Wi-Fi Sync in the first place. But you can always simply unlock 1Password or disable Wi-Fi Sync temporarily if the message is bothering you. I hope this helps! :)

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

If it wasn't already clear, the latest versions automatically sync by WiFi when you open them. You no longer need to initiate the process manually.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

++ thanks @hawkmoth! :)

@jhk, if you have more questions about that, just let us know.

• jhk
    jhk
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I noticed that the sync occurs without me asking for it a while back. Maybe I just hadn't started the phone app with its wi-fi on when the computer was also on the network, so I hadn't seen that message before............ It just seems strange that I had not seen that message once till yesterday.

• Ben
    Options

If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us. :)

This discussion has been closed.