Unable to unlock

Options
ted011111
ted011111
Community Member
edited July 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi, i am running windows 8.1 and when i try to unlock the software a screen flashes up for a second and then disapears, i think it is a screen asking for the password but i do not get a chance to enter anything, then if i look in task manager i have multiple instances of 1password running, i have tried the release version and also the beta.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @ted011111,

That sounds like an issue with the Secure Desktop feature. Are you pressing the Unlock on Secure Desktop button in the main program or are you trying to open 1Password in your browser?

Try this:

1. Restart your computer
    2. Open the main 1Password program, unlock, and click on the Preferences to go to the Browsers section.
    3. Uncheck the option for Unlock on Secure Desktop, press OK to save the change

See if this works better now.

i look in task manager i have multiple instances of 1password running

Which instances are you referring to? It is normal to see a few related 1Password processes; there's Agile1pAgent.exe for Safari/Chrome/Firefox/Opera communication, Agile1pBroker.exe for IE, and 1Password.exe for the main program.

• ted011111
    ted011111
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah unchecking Unlock on Secure Desktop from the browser section solved all my problems. Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that did the trick. You may want to check if you have security software that is interfering with Windows Secure Desktop for some reason, but turning it off for 1Password will work in the mean time. Cheers! :)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @ted011111,

If you are able to pinpoint it to your security program, can you let us know the name of it, so we can investigate to see if there's something we or they can do to fix this.

This discussion has been closed.