Can't create vault

Options
Nanda Kyaw
Nanda Kyaw
Community Member

I can't create vault.
I'm using iOS 8.4 and latest 1password app.
There is no add vault link mention in user guide..

Comments

• Nanda Kyaw
    Nanda Kyaw
    Community Member
    Options

• Nanda Kyaw
    Nanda Kyaw
    Community Member
    Options

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi Nanda,

Thank you for taking the time to ask us about that, and for including the screenshots! It looks like that user guide is a little out of date because it still refers to the option for "Add Vault", but that was changed several months ago to "Sync Additional Vault" to better reflect what it actually does. Unfortunately, the word "Add" was interpreted by some customers to mean "Create", which is not currently possible in the iOS version.

To avoid that confusion, we changed that option to say "Sync Additional Vault" (as shown in your first screenshot). The vaults must first be created in 1Password for Mac or Windows, and then you can sync them to 1Password for iOS (this is mentioned in the description under that option).

Although the screenshot and steps in the user guide still reflect the earlier phrasing, the note above the screenshot makes the following clarification (as shown in your second screenshot):

Note: New vaults must be created from either 1Password for Mac or Windows. Once a vault is created and synced to your iOS device, you can use it the same way you use your primary vault.

I apologize for any confusion about that! I've reported this to our documentation team so they can update the user guide to reflect the new phrasing of that option in the current version. For more information about creating multiple vaults in the Mac version of 1Password, please see this user guide article.

If you have more questions or need anything else, please let us know!

ref: DOCS-525

This discussion has been closed.