Incorrect version of 1Password mini launched

stanander
stanander
Community Member
edited July 2015 in Mac

I can use it. but when I login it says we got a problem you down the wrong one.

1Password Version: 5.3.2 (53200)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @stanander ,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password. It sounds to me like you might have an older version of the browser extension installed. Just to be certain, could you tell me the exact text of the error message? If its easier, you can take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

• stanander
    stanander
    Community Member

Hi Megan, I think your right 1password 3 is still in the launchpad I'm using a MAC 10.10.3 OS X Yosemite
    i hope you can see what I did wrong.
    S.Ander.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @stanander,

This is actually a different issue that you're facing. So I've amended your title and moved your thread to a more appropriate location based on this new information.

1Password mini is a helper app and we have to register it with OS X so that it launches on startup. Unfortunately the way we have to do this means that if OS X finds more than one copy of the 1Password application it gets confused and can launch the wrong version - it doesn't favour /Applications/. The easiest way round this is to ensure that you have a single up-to-date copy of 1Password in your /Applications/ folder and nowhere else.

It would seem you have at least one extra copy of 1Password 5 in your Downloads folder. If you move any copy of the 1Password 5 application in there to your Trash that should stop the error from appearing. You may need to throw in a reboot of the Mac for good measure after moving them to the Trash.

Should the error message continue to pop up please do let us know as the message indicates where the second copy is and we can use that to guide you.

• stanander
    stanander
    Community Member

thanks for the quick response. I didn't move 1password too the trash yet. because I have a iPad air 8.4 . and I have a iPhone 6 coming in the mail this week. can I use my copy of 1password 5. for the iPhone 6? I already have iOS 8.4 now on the iPad air. or do I need other license for the iPhone. thank you for all your help.and moving me in the right post.and for figuring out my problem.
    S.Ander :) ,

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

@stanander - Your license for the Mac version won't be any use for your iOS devices. The Mac version couldn't run on an iOS device, just as iOS applications won't run on a Mac. So when you are ready to install 1Password for iOS, you'll need to download a copy from the iOS App Store. That version is free to download and use in its basic form, but there is an in-app purchase required to activate more advanced Pro features, if you want or need those. One in-app purchase will give you access to the Pro features on all your iOS devices that use the same AppleID.

So there is no good reason to keep that extra version in your Mac downloads folder.

I hope I didn't misunderstand your situation.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @stanander ,

I hope that Hawkmoth's reply is helpful. He's correct, you won't need any copies of 1Password for Mac for your iOS devices because it's a completely separate app. Just to provide you with a few links in case you would like to look into the iOS app (which I highly recommend for having all your strong and unique passwords with you on the go!):

So, feel free to move that extra copy of 1Password for Mac to the trash, and let us know if that helps to resolve your original query. :)

This discussion has been closed.