1Click bookmarks have stopped working

Options
P2in
P2in
Community Member
edited July 2015 in Mac

All my saved logins that used to auto submit have stopped working after OS X update 10.10.4. What to do to restore this feature?

1Password Version: 5.3 (530029)
Extension Version: 4.4.0
OS Version: OS X 10.10.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi @P2in,

I'd be surprised if it was actually the update to 10.10.4 - I'm running it myself with no adverse effects.

If it's all Login items the first thing I would check would be a specific preference in 1Password.

1. Launch 1Password and enter 1Password's preferences.
    2. Switch to the Browser tab and check the status of the Automatically submit logins after filling option.

If it's disabled we've found the cause, if it's enabled we're looking for something else. Let us know and we'll continue the troubleshooting process.

• ZamboniMan
    ZamboniMan
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @P2in,

I've had this happen from time to time as well and it is not always aligned with an OS update or a preference change in 1Password. Sometimes it is due to web site changes and I've found that creating a new login for that site fixes the problem until they change their web site again.

Not sure if this will work for you but it doesn't hurt to try.

• P2in
    P2in
    Community Member
    Options

Hi - I've not made any changes in 1PW preferences (still has auto submit enabled) and to my knowledge the website(s) haven't been updated. I did try to create a new login for one of the sites but that didn't resolve the issue.

• P2in
    P2in
    Community Member
    Options

To correct/clarify my original post - sorry if it was misleading.
    1. All my saved "1Click bookmarks" do not autofill and submit.
    2. I've tried creating a new 1Click bookmark for website (wells-fargo), but new bookmark hasn't resolved issue.
    3. Credentials will fill and submit when I manually select login from 1PW extension.
    4. I've also read the recent post "Problems with login filling and auto-submit" but none of the suggestions have resolved this for me.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @P2in,

Ah, so filling works, it's the much more specific trick of creating 1Click bookmarks using the ?onepasswdfill= parameter. I've altered your thread title to clarify this.

It might help to know what you've tried and what you haven't. As far as I can see this trick should work as long as the browser extension is working. My first thought is a reboot to be honest, just to see if that cures anything odd.

• P2in
    P2in
    Community Member
    Options

Hi littlebobbytables -
    you asked "It might help to know what you've tried and what you haven't".
    1. I've tried creating a new 1Click bookmark for website (wells-fargo), but new bookmark hasn't resolved issue.
    2. I've also read the recent post "Problems with login filling and auto-submit" and TRIED but none of the suggestions have resolved this for me.
    Do you have a suggestion to try or is it just broken?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @P2in,

Thanks for the additional information! I see that you commented in this other discussion, which appears to be the same issue. We believe the problem with 1Click Bookmarks is specific to Safari after the OS X 10.10.4 / Safari 8.0.7 updates. Can you confirm if you're using Safari? If you happen to use 1Click Bookmarks in Chrome or Firefox, please let us know if that works for you.

Assuming this is the same problem in Safari, I'll be happy to add your comments to our internal tracker to let our developers know. In the meantime, there are a few potential workarounds. You could switch to Chrome or Firefox to continue using 1Click Bookmarks. Or in Safari, you can select a Login from the 1Password extension (the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut makes it easy to access the 1Password extension in Safari). Or double-click a Login item in the main 1Password app (or click its URL) to open the site in your browser and have the login form filled.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience! Please let us know if you have more questions about that.

ref: OPX-980

• P2in
    P2in
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    Yes its specific to Safari and its the only browser I use - so you can just imagine how anxious I am for a fix.
    This is such a convenient tool/feature in 1PW, I'm surprised a lot more users aren't reporting the issue.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@P2in: Thanks for confirming! It doesn't seem to be affecting everyone, but hopefully we'll be able to find a workaround for this issue soon. Thanks for your patience!

• deltau
    deltau
    Community Member
    Options

In an effort to help @P2in NOT feel alone ;) and to let you all know that there are other instances of the issue, I too am encountering this problem. It seems inconsistent, in that some of the bookmarks work and some don't. Also, sometimes the same bookmark will "normally" work and then it won't. Not a fun problem to debug. Let me know if there is anything I can provide to help.

Also, as you mentioned, things seem to work correctly in Chrome.

Thanks!

Sean

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Sean ( @deltau ),

Thanks for chiming in here! I won't say that it's good that you're experiencing this issue as well, but I do hope that the workarounds that Drew mentioned above help make things simpler for you while we search for a solution. I've added your comments to the issue in our internal tracker. :)

• P2in
    P2in
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    Its been 2 months - any idea when there will be a solution?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@P2in: It's not necessarily a given that there will be a solution, but we'll see if we can find one. Cheers! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.