1Password goes into a filling loop in Firefox [Fixed in 4.4.1 extension update for Firefox]

Options

Comments

• Peter_Pappas
    Peter_Pappas
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

When I log in to this site, I get the message "I am logging in too often slow down".
    i cannot log out of Facebook (to switch over to another account, it logs me in and also starts typing some of my log in data into a field. The duplicate post I made on this web site really wasn't a duplicate post, it was the program typing something and then hitting the trigger to post.

Another clue, sometimes on a web site the wheel of the mouse does not respond (to roll the page up and down) and on some sites it works just normally.

These many posts are not meant to be complaints, but to provide information.

Peter

• Hammerhead
    Hammerhead
    Community Member
    Options

I've been having some difficulty with 1P going into an endless loop on some sites, particularly bulletin boards like vBulletin, but also with Facebook as well. If I log into the site on one page, if there are other fields (especially if there are fields for login on all pages) 1P goes into a loop constantly submitting the data... click... click... click...

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• AlexHoffmann
    edited July 2015
    Options

I've split this discussion into two to better adress the separate issues.

@Peter_Pappas I've answered your question about the error message bubble in the thread 'Error message after filling says, "1Password could not fill any fields…" [fixed in 4.5.0.BETA-581]'.

The bug with 1Password going into a filling loop or logging a user back in after logging out of a site, is caused by a problem in the Firefox extension that our developers are currently investigating.
    It might take a bit to find the source of the problem and issue a fix.

• Don Dinnerville
    Don Dinnerville
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having similar issues the last few days. Endless loop of form submit even if I've already successfully logged in. This makes 1P beyond useless in Firefox (my preferred browser) until the issue is fixed. PLEASE fix ASAP.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Don Dinnerville: I'm sorry for the trouble! We're aware of the issue and are working on a fix. Thanks for your patience!

• frankmeisner
    frankmeisner
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue with the endless loop...

Is there any possibility to download the previous extension version?

Working with the current version is unfortunately not possible at the moment.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @frankmeisner,

The best solution is to not use Go and Fill at the moment or avoid using Firefox, that's the main cause behind the bug. Instead, go to the website manually in Firefox and then ask 1Password to fill.

Downloading the previous extension won't help because Firefox will automatically update it to the latest version.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We've released an update that addresses this issue. Be sure to let us know if problems persist!

This discussion has been closed.