1Password (4.4.3) fails to fill in logins on Mac (OS 10.9.5)

Options
operarocksdc
operarocksdc
Community Member

1Password was working fine until about a week ago. I have tried it with both Safari and Chrome. The Safari extension that is enabled is 1Password 4.4.0. There have been no obvious recent changes in the software environment.

1Password Version: 4.4.3
Extension Version: 4.4.0
OS Version: OS 10.9.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @operarocksdc ,

Thanks so much for providing your version numbers in your original post - it gives us a much better place to start things off. :)

We did release a new version of the extension recently, so it's possible that something changed there, but I've done some testing here with 1Password 4 in OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), and the new version of the extension (4.4.0) seems to be filling as expected. I am using OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) for my daily work, so I've only tested briefly in Mavericks.

Could you tell me a bit more about how 1Password is failing to fill? For example:

• How do you request that the extension fill?
    • Are you using the ⌘\ ( Command- \ ) keyboard shortcut when viewing the page you wish to fill?
    • Are you accessing the mini and clicking on the Login item so that 1Password both opens the page and fills your details?
    • Are there any particular websites that you are noticing this on, or is it across the board for every site that you try?

The more precise you can be, the better our chances of re-creating what you're seeing. Thanks for your help in tracking this down! :)

• operarocksdc
    operarocksdc
    Community Member
    Options

Answers:
    * I double click on the web site in the list contained in the 1Password window.
    * I do not use the shortcut you mention.
    * I am not using the mini. Should I be?
    * The problem has occurred on all the web sites I have tried - about a dozen.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Answers:

• I double click on the web site in the list contained in the 1Password window.
    • I do not use the shortcut you mention.
    • I am not using the mini. Should I be?
    • The problem has occurred on all the web sites I have tried - about a dozen.

@operarocksdc: Ah, that seems to be the common element in reports of this. Thanks for clarifying! Try both using the 1Password extension in your browser to select a login, and also pressing ⌘ \ to have 1Password fill a login when you're already at a login form and let me know if you get a different result. Thanks in advance! :)

• operarocksdc
    operarocksdc
    Community Member
    Options

OK - That seems to work on several of the web sites I tried.

Thanks for the help!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @operarocksdc ,

I'm glad to hear that things are behaving for you! As we're looking to properly track this bug down, can I just confirm that filling works for you using the ⌘\ ( Command- \ ) keyboard shortcut?

• operarocksdc
    operarocksdc
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Yes, the [Command-\] works to fill in the login information once I am at the target website login page.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the confirmation! I'm glad's working for you for the time being as we investigate. Thanks again for your patience!

• Jakehws
    Jakehws
    Community Member
    Options

I also run 1Password 4.4.3 on a late 2012 27" iMac, running Mavericks 10.9.5. It worked fine till about a month ago when none of my logins would autofill as before. The Command- \ shortcut does autofill when the blank login page appears. It may not be related, but the start of my problem was about the same time as Safari was updated to version 7.1.7. I would appreciate feedback on progress / solution of this bug which I assume will involve an update to the app or the Safari extension. Jakehws 29 Aug. 2015

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jakehws,

How do you normally interact with 1Password? If you normally bring up the main 1Password window and click on the URL stored in an item you're using what we call open and fill. We first pass the URL to OS X which passes it to your default browser. It's then up to the extension to identify that we've initiated open and fill and to handle the fill part after the page has loaded. This is broken in the current version of the 1Password extension but only for 1Password 4 users. It isn't intended, it's a regression and one we're aware of. We got a few browser/extension related issues to handle with strict deadlines before we'll be able to look at this but it is something we know we need to do.

What should still be working though is using the ⌘\ to fill the current page and open and fill when started from within 1Password mini. Does this match your observations?

• Jakehws
    Jakehws
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the rapid feedback. I confirm that 'open and fill' from the main iPassword window does not work, but the Command \ shortcut does fill and log in when the blank site login page appears. Also confirm that autofill / login works OK when actioned from 1Password mini.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jakehws,

Hopefully we can get open and fill from the main window working again too. At least 1Password mini still works properly so hopefully it's a reasonable alternative while we work on this :smile:

This discussion has been closed.