Continued LastPass Importing Issue

Options
temotyka
temotyka
Community Member

1Password will not allow me to select the LastPass.cvs file when I try to import. The file is grayed out in window to select a file to import.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
KB Article: import-lastpass

Comments

• temotyka
    temotyka
    Community Member
    Options

Importing much harded than it should be

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

If you're not using it already I'd strongly recommend using:

MrC's Convert to 1Password Utility

Stephen

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @temotyka,

See this post also, for more info. I too highly recommend the conversion utility. :)

• temotyka
    temotyka
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you MRC for the note. I feel better now it wasn't me and is a bug.
    I tried to use the converter on my MAC but got some responses that I didnt have access to the
    pearl directory and one other ....so I just stopped the process. I think Im gonna need higher level sppt to
    have someone walk me thru the config settings I need to change on my mac so that the converter tool
    can be executed.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @temotyka,

I'm sorry you're having trouble importing your data! Hopefully the suggestions from Stephen and MrC are helpful for you. MrC actually created the Convert to 1Password Utility, which has helped countless 1Password users import their data from other password managers. He's also very happy to help if you have any trouble or questions about that! :)

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi @temotyka,

I'm happy to help you through the process. You're on a Mac, so it is really easy. Two things to start with.

The README file explains how to export your LastPass data. If you've already done that, you'll just drop that export file onto the Using the AppleScript_Conversion_Helper, and import the resulting 1P_import.1pif. file.

If you have trouble, post here...

• temotyka
    temotyka
    Community Member
    Options

Id appreciate any help. When I run the converter, this is windows I have (that I dont know how to respond)...
    "CPAN.pm requires configuration, but most of it can be done automatically. Would you like to configure as much
    as possible automatically?
    I answer Yes then get this system response (that I dont know how to deal with)....
    Warning, you do not have write permission for Pearl Library directories...etc etc

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Oh, Windows! This post is in the Mac section, so I assumed you were on OS X. Windows is a bit harder, because we have to get the tool set installed and working first, and I do realize that's more challenging for folks.

If you would like some remote help, I'm happy to help. It looks like your system permissions for the downloaded / extracted Strawberry Perl are preventing the updating the required modules. Drop me an email - my email is at the top of the conversion scripts. I'll guide you through the process, and will help you make sure any confidential data is not revealed.

• temotyka
    temotyka
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you MRC!
    I am on a MAC (running 10.10.4), not Windows.

If you can help, Id really really appreciate it. Im sorry I dont see your email on top of scripts.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I've sent you a Private Message - check the top of the forum here under Messages.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited July 2015
    Options

Through the magic of remote help, @temotyka 's LastPass data is now converted, and last I left the remote help session, it was about to be imported into 1Password. Enjoy 1Password!

• temotyka
    temotyka
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you MRC. Data is imported and 1Password now working fine. Even synced all the notes and CC info cleanly.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you @MrC! As always, you've saved the day with your powers of awesomeness! :)

@temotyka, I'm really happy to hear your data is imported and working in 1Password now! We're always glad to help, so if you ever need anything else, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.