Merge does not react

nordbalkon
nordbalkon
Community Member

I've got a primary vault that I used to share via Dropbox across 2 users on the same Mac. Worked reliably so far. Updated OSX to 10.10.4 and suddenly had to re-setup the sync because 1P thought it would not exist. Pointed to said Dropbox folder and file, typed in vault password, was asked to merge the two databases, agreed - and nothing happens - at all.
Is this a known issue? Am I doing ath wrong? Thanks

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• nordbalkon
    nordbalkon
    Community Member

In the above "at all" means that after clicking "unlock and merge" the dialogue goes back to where I have chosen the file location (it remembers that) but only gives me 2 options "cancel" and again "merge with existing" and when I click on the latter I'm back at typing in my password to "unlock and merge" - circling on from there...

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @nordbalkon,

I think something has gone wrong and you're not doing anything wrong. I suggest you try rebooting your Mac just to make sure the issue isn't something weird in a temporary way. If the issue continues though I think we should review a diagnostic report.

I would like you to create the following Diagnostic Report please. This guide will assist.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+forum@agilebits.com.

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. With access to the report we should be able to better assist you :smile:

• nordbalkon
    nordbalkon
    Community Member

oh wow - what a reboot can do... my bad... thanks

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

:chuffed: it certainly can cure all sorts of ails @nordbalkon :tongue: You get so used to not needing to reboot that sometimes when the Mac starts picking up a few quirks you don't think a reboot might help. I'm glad we get 1Password running smoothly once more!

This discussion has been closed.