1 password not opening

Options
vj2k
vj2k
Community Member

Hi,
I just got a new macbook with 10.10.4 installed. I migrated from my older macbook air. Now when i try to open 1 password it does not go beyond the splash screen.

My database is in dropbox and shared between my devices and the copy purchased from the app store. I also uninstalled and reinstalled 1 password but the problem still persists
Regards
Vijay

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.4
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

What error message do you see when you try to launch 1P?

You could try this:

1. Drag the 1P app to the trash (don't use any app cleaner tool, which is likely to try to delete files you need to keep).
    2. Empty the trash and reboot.
    3. Re-download and re-install 1P.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Vijay ( @vj2k ),

I'm sorry that you're having difficulty with 1Password! I'll do what I can to get this sorted for you. When you say

1 password it does not go beyond the splash screen.

Are you seeing the 'About 1Password' features screen? Are you unable to click on the 'Awesome, let's get started' button at the bottom? Our Running 1Password for the first time article in the User Guide will walk you through the process of what you should be seeing ... please let us know where things stop working as advertised, and we'll start from there. :)

• vj2k
    vj2k
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,
    I am able to click the Awesome button then the app stalls and does not respond
    Vijay

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Vijay ( @vj2k ),

Thanks for confirming that! Please follow Stephen's instructions to download and install a fresh copy of the app. Does this kickstart things for you?

• vj2k
    vj2k
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,
    Tried it not working
    Vijay

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi Vijay ( @vj2k ),

I'm sorry that this is still giving you troubles. Just to confirm - are you seeing any error messages when you attempt to start 1Password? If so, please include what the message says in your reply, it will help us to figure out where things are going sideways.

• vj2k
    vj2k
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    Seems be working now. Thank you
    Vijay

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great news @vj2k! I don't know what would have been causing the problem before, or what changed, but I'm really happy to hear it's working now.

Hopefully it all continues to work perfectly for you from now on, but if you do run into other issues or have questions, we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.