Firefox - Auto fill repeats on first text field on all pages after site login

Options

Hi,

As of yesterday, the 1password browser extension for Firefox (both the dev and standard editions) has started auto-filling the first text field on a page with my user name on every page of a site, after I log in. So for example, I log into a site using the browser extension, go to a contact form on the site, and 1password will auto-fill the first text field it finds with my login info. I can't find any way to disable this; is there any kind of fix or work around for it? I've had to disable the browser extension and use the desktop app for the time being.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

1Password Version: 4.5.0.575
Extension Version: 4.4.0 (Firefox)
OS Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• @DigbyChickenCaesar Thanks for writing in. This sounds a lot like the bug we've been working on fixing day and night since yesterday.
    Tell me: Is this happening when you open a login from the main app, select a login in the logins list in the browser extension, or in other cases, too?

If only the first two apply, then you're indeed looking at the bug I told you about and we'd advise either not using Firefox for the moment, or to disable Auto-Submit for pages that are proving problematic or to disable it altogether until the next version of the Firefox extension has been released.

• Peter_Pappas
    Peter_Pappas
    Community Member
    Options

You know, when you log OUT of Facebook, it makes an attempt - for just a second - to start the log-in procedure but then abandons it. A window pops up for a short second and then disappears.

I have the auto-fill in turned off completely. But I get slight hints it is itching to move on. I only mention this because it may give you an idea on the matter.

I said this before, I think it is an important point but I guess others do not - I am also getting my mouse WHEEL to stop working for seconds to minutes and then released again. This "seems" to be only on sites where the 1Password would otherwise be active if I didn't have autofill turned off. Just figured I'd be a pain in the butt and mention it again lol.

Peter

• DigbyChickenCaesar
    DigbyChickenCaesar
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply @AlexHoffmann , this occurs when opening a login from both the main app and the browser extension, so it sounds like a known bug as you said. I've tried disabling auto-submit and this doesn't affect the auto-fill, so I'll leave it disabled in FF for now and await an update on it.

Thanks,

• We aware of this particular behaviour, @Peter_Pappas. Our developers are working around the clock to fix the issue.

I'm not entirely sure if the mouse wheel locking is related to this, as we're not doing anything with it. However we've seen the occasional interference from third-party mouse drivers and enhancement software. Are you using such a product?

• Peter_Pappas
    Peter_Pappas
    Community Member
    Options

It is a USB Microsoft mouse (wired). The keyboard I am using though is also USB and it would be a 3rd party Dell Alienware keyboard. I bought it because it lights up and it requires 2 USB connections. I don't think it is a problem but, when I go to type my 1Password password, many many times I notice the first keystroke doesn't register. If I forget to look I need to type the password over again. If I don't see a star when I type the first letter, I just type gobblygook, backspace and start fresh real quick. I don't think it has any bearing on what is happening here. The page not moving up and down with the wheel is new though. On a bland page like FoxNews there is no problem "wheeling" up and down. On this board, a bank site, or something passworded, the wheel stops responding for a few seconds and even a lot longer.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Peter_Pappas: That is strange indeed. It sounds like it may be a driver issue, since 1Password doesn't access the hardware directly. It's just getting input events like any other app, and it sounds like it's affecting input in the browser as well anyway. Definitely worth contacting Microsoft to see if there's an update, or if there's some conflict or corruption at the root.

This discussion has been closed.