Unable to Sync by any means

Options
UtahSteve
UtahSteve
Community Member

I have been running 1 Password for several years successfully, until now. My main hard drive on my desktop machine died and I switched to a backup on which I installed Yosemite. I had 1PW running on this machine as well as on my Mac Laptop and my Iphone and everything was syncing fine prior to the crash.

When I started up the new drive, I installed 1PW 5 again on this drive. I tried to restore my 1PW files from a backup copy on my Mac and Dropbox and although 1PW could see these files, the files were grayed out. I tried to do a Wifi Sync using my Iphone and my desktop machine and I got the message, "Error Domain= NSPOSXERRORDOMAIN Code=60. Operation couldn't be completed operation timed out.

1Password Version: Desktop 5.3.2, iPhone 5.2.1
Extension Version: Not using
OS Version: 10.10.4
Sync Type: Dropbox, Wifi

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @UtahSteve,

Thank you for contacting us here about these sync troubles. Sorry you're dealing with this, and hopefully we can help!

When initializing 1Password on a new computer, you should be able to sync with Dropbox like so. Are these the steps you followed, and if so, where were you seeing files grayed out? Were you unable to select the .agilekeychain in Dropbox?

Regarding the Wi-Fi sync error: ErrorDomain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=60. Operation could not be completed. Operation timed out.
    This error can be caused by the OS X Firewall being set to 'block all incoming connections.' Can you check your OS X Firewall to see if you have that setting configured on the new Mac?

• UtahSteve
    UtahSteve
    Community Member
    Options

You were right about the firewall! That solved the problem. Then I was able to sync with Dropbox once I was in with Wifi. Thank you! I will now be able to sleep tonight!!!

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015
    Options

Awesome news, @UtahSteve! I'm so glad I could help! :) Sleep tight, we won't let the password crackers bite.

This discussion has been closed.