Controlling the password visibility

reveal passwords
Hi All

This is my first post.

IPad install 1P , when view my password , I need to click on edit button in order to view them.

Where iphone don't require press edit and can view password.

Hope some one can share with me settting on iPad for 1P in order I don't need to press edit button.

I use eWallet , it have hide button, when I press button , it will display password.

Paul

Comments

• MikeT
    edited April 2011
    Hi Paul, welcome to the forums!

Tap and hold on the password field for a few microseconds, the Copy/Reveal options will then show up. You don't need to click on the edit button to view the password on the iPad.
  • MikeT wrote:

Hi Paul, welcome to the forums!

Tap and hold on the password field for a few microseconds, the Copy/Reveal options will then show up. You don't need to click on the edit button to view the password on the iPad.

Hi mike

Many thank for your reply. It work now .

May I know why not have a button like eWallet ? ( me just like to know , may be there it a hidden reasons for not use button like eWallet )

Paul
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hey Paul,

It was a design decision to keep the layout clean and nice. Tap to copy/paste is a standard feature in iOS, so we thought it would be nice to simply take advantage of the existing pop-up menu rather than add more buttons cluttering the interface. :-)

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Cheers,
  • sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2011
    khad wrote:

It was a design decision to keep the layout clean and nice.

Thankfully, to avoid looking anything like (via Daring Fireball Linked List: User Interface of the Week: Password Engine):
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Ouch! My sensibilities! (puke)
  • realtwang
    realtwang
    Community Member
    edited July 2011
    Any way to do this on the Mac version of the app without hitting Edit?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2011
    Please see the "Controlling the password visibility" section of 1Password for Mac's User Guide and let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Short version: Option key. ;-)

Cheers,
This discussion has been closed.