1PasswordAnywhere iOS Server

Fooligan
Fooligan
Community Member
Possible Future Feature
Right now, I have one area of my life that it is difficult to access my passwords. I work in a semiconductor factory that has computers available, but I can't install dropbox or 1Password since they are public and I don't even want any trace of my 1P vault on the computer anyway (all terminals are either Windows, LINUX/UNIX, or even NeXTSTEP). I am able to take my iPad in though. I currently copy my vault onto a USB drive and access it there. It gets the job done, but is very slow to copy and unlock.

I had a thought that 1Password anywhere would be nice, but it would be better if I could run it as a server on an iOS device. For example, the current backup feature opens a port to a web page to upload/download a backup file. Is it possible to create a feature rich 1Password Anywhere page right from iOS? I have some other apps that I was impressed with what they accomplished for hosting a temporary web page and thought that it would work well with 1Password. Some added enhancements would be the ability to copy/paste to the clipboard and have a clear clipboard function.

Just an idea that I thought I would share.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for the suggestion, Fooligan!

I will pass this along to the developers. I know some slightly similar ideas have been tossed around before. We'll have to see what the future holds. :-)
This discussion has been closed.