Support for OS 10.11 "El Capitan"

Options
DrGabriel
DrGabriel
Community Member

I just got 1Password for MAC and the iOS Pro version tôo. i want to know if both will work on the new OS 10.11 "El Capitan" and on iOS 9!

Thank you for your Support!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DrGabriel,

I don't know what our plans going forward are going to be (in relation to a possible 1Password 6) but for the moment I don't believe there is any reason to worry that 1Password 5 will break at all in El Capitan or iOS 9. My understanding is both are meant to be stability releases to some extent, the idea being to improve on the existing rather than switch everything up. As such it should mean 1Password 5 will have good support. There's no guarantee of course but I'd be very surprised. As way of example, 1Password 3 still works even in Yosemite which is a few versions since we last updated 1Password 3. There are cracks there now but the majority of the functionality still works. I realise that was a bit more hand wavy than you were probably hoping for and while I cannot simply say yes I wouldn't worrying about the release of either new version.

• adihaya
    adihaya
    Community Member
    Options

I have 1Password installed on four of my devices - 2 Macs, an iPad, and an iPhone. One of the Macs is running OS X 10.11 El Capitan BETA and the iPad is running iOS 9. For me at least, 1Password works flawlessly on iOS 9 and OS X 10.11 betas, however I'm not sure about iCloud sync, as that may get damaged. Don't worry about 1Password not working in the OS betas, it should work just as well.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know, @adihaya! I'm glad 1Password is running well for you on the iOS 9 and OS X 10.11 betas.

If you do run into any issues, we'll be happy to help! :)

• stuzog
    stuzog
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

When installing 1Password on El Capitan (installed on a separate partition and syncing through Dropbox), it can take a l...o...n...g time for Dropbox to download all the stored files into the partition. 1Password won't show all your saved passwords until the folder it uses on Dropbox is fully downloaded. Patience!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Patience!

@stuzog: A word to live by — especially when it comes to a prerelease operating system! :lol:

Indeed, we had a great (I think so anyway, and I'm not the one who wrote it!) blog post this week about 1Password, Apple, and betas in general. Definitely worth a read:

Adventures in beta testing: 1Password, El Capitan, and iOS 9

Personally, I keep going back and forth between beta and stable (which is not as fun as it sounds!) so I can sympathize with the weird issues we're all having. The good news is that things will settle down over time as September approaches, and while I can't speak for Apple, I can tell you that we at AgileBits will have your back when the time comes for all of us to upgrade for real. Looking forward to the day I can run iOS 9 and OS X 10.11 on all of my hardware without having to perform any rituals. ;)

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I'm wondering how much upgrading of utilities, etc., I will have to do when I move to El Capitan. Important ones such as Default Folder and SuperDuper won't work without major changes. While I normally hold off for a couple of months before installing a new OS, this time I might wait even longer.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@danco: So far, for me it has been about 50/50... I used to run 'stock' OS X and have very few issues, but over the years I have accumulated many new tools...all of which seem to revolve around the menu bar. I have menu bar apps for this and that, and then I have Bartender to manage them all. Right now, this is a disaster, but I know things will smooth out over time. :lol:

This discussion has been closed.