Cannot login to citicards using 1password

Options
eatswimbikerun
eatswimbikerun
Community Member

The website is www.citicards.com or any of the Citibank websites. The login/password appear to be filled in correctly, but when I click submit (or have 1password submit automatically for me) the website acts as if I have not logged in and says "password must be at least 6 characters."

Issue is NOT a browser issue as I've tried it on iPhone, iPad, and Chrome/Firefox, which would also seem to rule out a cookie issue. Adblock is disabled. Mac Java updated to latest version. 1Password Mini is updated to the latest beta version for both browsers. I have tried copying & pasting the login and password into the fields manually and get the same result. I have not tried typing it in as the password is...35 characters long and ultra-complicated.

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi @eatswimbikerun,

Can I ask, have you changed your password recently and have you ever managed to log in using your ultra-complicated 35 character password?

I don't know anything for certain as I'm not a Citibank customer but what I can say is I've come across plenty of websites where they claim one thing regarding password creation and enforce another. Even worse I've come across plenty of sites where they will accept a new password on the change password screen only to have it fail on the login screen. I tend to utter a number of choice words on these occasions. I say all of this because of the fact that Citi aren't allowing you to copy and paste the password in and that rings warning bells to me.

I would recommend trying to type your password in, very slowly, and see if you can gain access at all. I hope it works but given your results with the pasting I'm not sure. Fingers crossed!

ref: OPX-546

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I have two credit cards administered by Citi. 1Password currently longs me in without issue there. My memory is a it hazy at the moment, but I seem to recall that I had some trouble, which I resolved by Saving a login Manually. See if that link helps. I also remember vaguely of a fairly lengthy discussion about login into the Citi web sites. It's likely worth your time to use the search box at the top of the forum to see whether others have advice to help you too.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015
    Options

It looks like we've found somebody that at least knows the site, @eatswimbikerun, hopefully between us we can assist.

@hawkmoth, now @eatswimbikerun says copying and pasting wasn't working for them, I assume copying and pasting behaves itself for you?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Well, it turns out that I have one credit card administered by Citi, not two, so my memory failed me.

That card is associated with a specific retailer (Best Buy), and my login URL is for a portal for that specific card. I can login successfully on that portal, either letting 1Password auto fill and submit, or by copying and pasting my credentials.

The main domain is www.accountonline.com. When I trim the whole URL to just that, I get taken to a rather more generic Citibank page, where there is a drop down menu to pick the sort of account you want to access. When I pick credit cards, 1Password does not get me logged in, either automatically or by copying and pasting. I do note that they have an odd way of dealing with usernames, by showing only the first two letters and the last two, with the remaining intervening letters replaced by black dots, thusly: xx*******xx I get a message saying that either my username or password are not being recognized.

I don't know whether I should be able to log in to my Best Buy card this way or not, but I certainly am being turned away when I let 1Password help.

Edit: Corrected URL

Edit 2: I have now checked to see if I can log in at the main URL I posted above by manually typing my credentials. I cannot. I guess I need to conclude that the specific card I am dealing with is different from the main Citibank cards.

The main URL I posted above redirect me to https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/creditcards/CitiHome.do. That is where I've attempted to login by all methods without success.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

@eatswimbikerun - Try your login from 1Password at this URL and let us know how that goes.

https://www.accountonline.citibank.com/cards/svc/LoginGet.do

I can gain access to my Best Buy card there by allowing 1Password to autofill and submit.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks so much for all the help, @hawkmoth! :)

@eatswimbikerun, please let us know how it all goes. Hopefully something here helps!

This discussion has been closed.