1Password Pro vs 1Password for ipod touch?

ApplianceJunk
ApplianceJunk
Community Member
I use 1password on my macbook and love it. I'm looking to run it on my ipod touch but see there are two versions for the ipod touch at the bottom of this URL.

http://agilewebsolutions.com/onepassword/iphone

What is the difference between the two?

Comments

• Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member
    edited April 2011

I use 1password on my macbook and love it. I'm looking to run it on my ipod touch but see there are two versions for the ipod touch at the bottom of this URL.

http://agilewebsolut...password/iphone

What is the difference between the two?

Hi ApplianceJunk,

The difference between the versions only depends on which devices you intend to use 1Password on. The iPhone/iPod touch app will only give you a user interface designed for those particular devices. The Pro version will work on both the iPhone/iPod touch and the iPad. So, if you intend on ever owning an iPad, then you may want to consider the Pro version. If you never plan on owning an iPad, then you can just get the iPhone/iPod touch version at a slightly cheaper rate.

There are no differences in any other features other than which devices they are optimized to run on. I hope this helps.
  • ApplianceJunk
    ApplianceJunk
    Community Member
    So if I buy the pro version now and install it on my ipod touch then down the road buy a ipad I can download the pro version on the ipad too without having to pay for it again?

If so how do I go about downloading and installing it on the ipad once I had paid for it and already installed it on my ipod touch?

Thanks,
  • Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member

So if I buy the pro version now and install it on my ipod touch then down the road buy a ipad I can download the pro version on the ipad too without having to pay for it again?

No, you will not have to re-purchase the 1Password app if you decide to get an iPad. You can even re-download it from Apple's App Store at no additional charge. This is the same for any other app as well.

If so how do I go about downloading and installing it on the ipad once I had paid for it and already installed it on my ipod touch?

Depending on where you purchase 1Password Pro (either from your Mac or iPod Touch), it will automatically download or sync to your iTunes library and be available to install on other iOS devices. If you do purchase an iPad, all you need to do is sync the iPad with your iTunes library and it will automatically install 1Password on your first sync.
This discussion has been closed.