OS Version: 10.10.3
Sync Type: Wi-Fi

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pajero,

Just before we address your question I just wanted to let you know I've deleted the other thread after copying the only difference across here. I mention just in case you wondered what happened to it.

Now to your query. For pages with more than just a username and password we recommend you try our How to manually save a Login guide. When you create a Login item from your browser like this it can record all the fields you've entered text into.

Now sometimes that isn't enough and what we recommend is if you can let us know the URL for the login page. We can take a look, figure out what needs to be done and let you know.

Let's start with the manual saving approach first though and see how we do :smile:

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pajero,

Thank you for supplying the URL, it means we can discuss the site and any specific behaviours.

So I've taken a look and I've attempted to create a Login item using our How to manually save a Login guide. It saves the three fields you described and when I reload the page and attempt to fill all the indicators are it has successfully done so.

Now, one aspect I cannot test is if there is an issue after submitting of this login page. That would require a real user account and I don't think I can create one for testing purposes.

So the best way forward I think is if you can help me understand what you mean by it didn't work. To help I'm going to describe the environment I tested (maybe a difference here is a partial cause).

My test environment was Safari 8.0.7 and I'm running the 4.4.1 version of the 1Password Safari Extension. For testing I always change Submit when enabled to Never submit for the Login item as I know my dummy data will fail.

Hopefully we can figure out what is going on :smile:

• jkluchnik
    jkluchnik
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also having a problem with a 3 field website. I have tried the manual save suggested above but it still is not working. It only captures 2 of the 3 fields. The URL is https://camel2.usc.edu/oasis/LoginGuest.aspx

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jkluchnik,

I just tried that site and was able to fill all three fields. It might only look like two were captured if you're looking at the Login item for confirmation though what we fill is stored in the web form details section. If you're finding it isn't filling all three fields can you tell us more about your environment please. By this I mean:

1. Which operating system you use.
    2. Which version of 1Password.
    3. Your preferred browser and the version you're running.
    4. Which version of the 1Password extension is installed.

Hopefully then we can figure out why it seems to work for me but not for you :smile:

• jkluchnik
    jkluchnik
    Community Member
    Options

Aha! All is well. Yes, I did not see the three items so assumed it was not correct. However, it does work and fills in all three. I did not know to look into web form details. Thanks for your help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jkluchnik: Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear it's working as expected. I do apologize for the confusion. We do try to gloss over the 'details' a bit, since for the most part it isn't necessary to fiddle with those. Be sure to reach out if we can be of further assistance! :)

• Ivonesh
    Ivonesh
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

I can't auto-fill a 3 line login on https://timeandlabor.paychex.com/secure/.

The Login ID and Password fill, but not the Client ID, I have to manually copy/paste it.

I've tried the previous steps outlined in the above posts and I'm still unsuccessful.

I also opened the inspector in Chrome and got the [Client ID] field name which is listed as

input name="LoginAlias" type="text" id="LoginAlias" style="width:85%

I opened the web form section of my saved password in 1Password and changed the one line to LoginAlias, with the value of what I want to fill (my Client ID), saved it, re-tried and it still won't fill.

Thoughts?

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @Ivonesh. I just tried saving a login manually on the page you linked and I was able to properly restore after a refresh. In general, if a form has multiple fields that need to be filled in like this, saving the login from the browser (either with autosave or manual save) will be the only way to get that login to properly restore those fields at the next login.

Could you give a fresh login a try and see if it works for you? I know you said you "tried the previous steps" but there was a lot going on in this thread so it wasn't clear exactly what you've tried. Let us know how you get on!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• Ivonesh
    Ivonesh
    Community Member
    Options

I just tried the steps via the link you provided (again) and it worked this time. In my frustration, I must have missed something the first time around.

Thanks for the reply!

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the update, @Ivonesh! I'm glad it's working for you now.

This discussion has been closed.