How to merge two separate 1Password files

ArthurFelts
ArthurFelts
Community Member
edited July 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

how do I merge key files on 2 machines, keeping only the latest information for each entry...I have 2 windows machines and just got 1 back from repair?

Comments

• Hi @ArthurFelts,

A few questions:

1. Are you syncing your 1Password data with anything, like Dropbox with both computers and/or mobile devices?
    2. Were both computers using the same database or two separate ones? Meaning, did you copy the folder from the previously broken computer onto the second computer?
  • ArthurFelts
    ArthurFelts
    Community Member

Hi Mike...the desktop is the primary user of 1Password and I would copy database to laptop when I was traveling. However, the mainboard in desktop decided to self-destruct and I was forced to use only the laptop for 3 months with an old database while the desktop was being replaced. During the course of using the laptop, I updated and created several logins on that copy. The tech recovered most of my information on desktop and now I have 2 separate databases (1 on each machine) that I want to merge, keeping only the latest information for each entry.

• Hi @ArthurFelts,

If the laptop was a direct copy of the database from the desktop and you've updated it since, wouldn't the best option is to sync the laptop's database between both computers rather than figuring out how to merge two separate copies? In other words, why not archive the database on the desktop and sync the database from the laptop?

Are you using anything to sync your data between both computers, like Dropbox, OneDrive, or something else?

• steveyg777
    steveyg777
    Community Member

I think he means he has new entries on both databases as the newer one suggests new entries and then he used the old database and added new entries to that too.

• @ArthurFelts Can you help us out and tell us whether you're using Dropbox or OneDrive to sync the data between the two PCs?

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.