Help required with login to specific site

Hello all,
Apologies if this has been covered before.
Firstly, I'm using v5.3.2 (532001) on Mac OS X 10.10.4

I'm trying to use 1Password to save the username and password for this website:
https://www.essofleetonline.com/fleetpilot/main/logon.cfm

When I try and login using the saved login from 1Password, I receive an error that the information was invalid.

I've done some research and the problem is with how the html page has the password field defined, vis:

As you can see the 'name' and 'id' items have different values (the username field uses the same value for both items), and I think that is what is causing problems.

Can anyone offer any help as to wether it is possible to have the login properly setup in 1Password so I can use a saved login to, well, login to the site?

Thanks in advance

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 4.4.1
OS Version: 10.10.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @markuswarren,

So the bad news is there isn't a way for us to play well with this site. What they've done is instead of using an input field of the password type (where the contents are concealed) they're using a standard text field, just like they're using for entering your username. They then have JavaScript replace the contents with ● while also copying the characters to a hidden field.

So the first stumbling point (usually easily bypassed) is that all 1Password can 'see' for your password is a number of ●s. Normally the user can replace the stored password in your Login item and then it's all good.

With this site though it reacts to each keypress and my limited testing suggests we can't work with the hidden field either. Of course we'll have to have proper developers investigate to know for sure.

Unfortunately I can't see a workaround at the moment that would help. That is one tricky site I'm afraid. I do apologise that I couldn't offer better news.

• markuswarren
    markuswarren
    Community Member

Hi,
    Thanks for the very detailed reply, I really appreciate it. If there is nothing you can do, there's nothing you can do, and that's ok with me.
    I did contact them, and let them know of the problem, but given the additional information you've provided, I don't see them changing it any time soon.

Thank you once again :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @markuswarren,

If they get back to you at all about their login page we'd love to know what you hear. I'm curious because I'm not sure what this approach gives them over using a field of type password. Now I'm not a website developer so there may be great reasons but my naive thought is simplicity is king, I look to Amazon's login page as an example. Now while my testing was unsuccessful you never know what our talented devs might find to be the case :smile:

This discussion has been closed.