Dropbox error "Failed to unlock. Cannot load keychain profile."

Options
Drew_AG
Drew_AG
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Can't set up Dropbox sync on new Mac even though I know the master password.

Comments

• indind
    indind
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue. We purchased a Mac Mini running OSX 10.10.4, I've installed both 1Password 5.3.2 and 1Password 4.4.3 and am getting the same result.

We have a company shared vault (I'll refer to it as "Company Vault) between the two members of our team. It's not the Primary Vault on anyone's system. With this new machine, we wanted to use it as it's only vault since it'll be a company kiosk.

I installed 1Password 5 first, and found the shared vault that we sync in Dropbox. Selected it and input what I thought was the Master Password and I got the error: "Failed to unlock. Cannot load keychain profile."

Since it wasn't the Primary Vault on either of our systems, I thought maybe we'd jus got the password wrong. So, I exported the data from the Company Vault and then created a second company vault (I'll call it "2nd Company Vault") and imported the data from the Company Vault into it. That one I made sure we knew the Master Password for. But, when I tried to load 2nd Company Vault onto the new Mac Mini I got the same error: "Failed to unlock. Cannot load keychain profile."

At this point, I went and downloaded 1Password 4, since I'm still running 1Password 4 on the machine that created the initial Company Vault and 2nd Company Vault. I went through the same steps and again got the error: "Failed to unlock. Cannot load keychain profile."

At this point, I'm fairly sure it's not me. I tried the double-clicking method described above and it launches 1Password 5, but all it does is bring up the choice between "I'm new to 1Password" and "I've used 1Password before".

Help?

• indind
    indind
    Community Member
    Options

OK, so it looks like it might have been a Dropbox issue. It had said it was fully synced, but now it's syncing again. I'll check back in after it's fully synced.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @indind,

I'm sorry to hear Dropbox sync is causing some trouble on the new Mac! I hope you don't mind, but since it sounds like you're having a bit of a different issue than the one from the previous thread, I've moved your messages to a new discussion.

It sounds like you've discovered the cause of the issue, which is that Dropbox hasn't finished downloading that vault to the new Mac yet. That was actually going to be my guess, as I've seen that happen before.

Hopefully it all works correctly once Dropbox completely downloads that vault, but if you have more questions or need more help with that, just let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.