1Password icon missing from menu bar

Since migrating my data from an old Mac book air to a shiny new mac book air, the 1Password icon is no longer in the menu bar when i open safari. I've checked if there's an update, and it says not, though I suspect I have an older version of 1Password.

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX Yosemite
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@vivmcwaters: Your suspicions are correct! Sorry for the confusion. Since 1Password 4 is a paid upgrade, we don't want to be "tricking" people into updating, only for them to find out that there is a cost involved. Since you are using the latest release of 1Password 3, you won't be offered any updates.

For Yosemite, we have 1Password 5, which you can get upgrade pricing on as a 1Password 3 customer. 1Password will continue to work for you, but as development ceased on it years ago it doesn't have the advantage of support for the latest browsers, new features, and improvements to login filling. In regard to Safari, the 1Password 3 extension was designed for Safari 4 or 5 (I forget exactly), so there will be some incompatibilities with Safari 8 (and soon 9).

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.