CSV Import (from Firefox passwords)

Options
MrC
MrC
Volunteer Moderator
This discussion was created from comments split from: iPassword 5 freezes on SplashID import.

Comments

• jimbo99
    jimbo99
    Community Member
    Options

Just downloaded this app. It also freezes on attempted import. I can select "file format" but can't select "cancel" or "open". This is a deal breaker if i can't import passwords! Any ideas?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jimbo99: Please see MrC's posts above in this very thread regarding converting your Splash ID data for import, and let us know how it turns out! :)

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited July 2015
    Options

I wonder which version of 1Password @jimbo99 has. There was an issue prior to 5.4.BETA-1 (build #540001), released on 2015-04-06:

Fixed issue where the "Cancel" and "Open" buttons didn't work in the "Import" panel under Yosemite 10.10.3. {OPM-2930, OPM-2965}

The workaround was to use the Escape and Enter keys, respectively.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MrC: Thanks for adding that! :+1:

@jimbo99: You should be able to avoid the issue completely by using the converter first (and get cleaner import results as well), but be sure to let us know if you have any other issues or questions. :)

• jimbo99
    jimbo99
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry I should clarity that i am just trying to import a .csv file from firefox exported passwords. This was teh only thread i could find about freezeing in this context. I have version 5.3 & yosemite 10.10.4. I realised if i enlarge the window i can then push the ok or cancel buttons. But when i push "ok" it just beeps and returns without importing anything. Any ideas? thx in advance.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@jimbo99,

I've split the conversation from the SplashID thread and created this standalone thread for you.

To import a CSV, be sure that you follow the advice in the Advanced import: creating CSV files knowledgebase article.

If you are just getting a error warning sound after trying to import, it is because the 1Password importer is failing to import, and this is due to CSV format errors.

• jimbo99
    jimbo99
    Community Member
    Options

Ok success! I read those notes, modified my .csv file inexcel & then reimported. Thanks!

FYI there is still the bug of clicking "file" "import", then not being able to click "cancel" or "open" in the window that appears UNLESS i resize the window to fullscreen. Might want to look into that...

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

That's good news @jimbo99. The bug you mention is fixed in a recent beta release.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jimbo99,

I'm glad the import worked out for you! Sorry for the trouble with the Cancel/Open buttons in the Import dialog - as MrC mentioned, that's fixed in a recent beta. So, barring any unforeseen circumstances, the fix should be included in the next update (although I don't have a timeframe for when that will be available). In addition to the workaround you found, you can alternately use the esc key for Cancel, or the return key for Open.

If you need anything else, just let us know. We're always happy to help! :)

ref: OPM-2965
    ref: OPM-2930

This discussion has been closed.