iPad 2 won't sync with Mac existing database

"Sync Existing" on welcome screen only for Wi-Fi syncing
I purchased iPassword Pro so I could sync mac, iphone and ipad2. Dropbox is setup to store agile keychain. When I try to sync my ipad to my existing account it requests security code 1 and 2 I enter them and sync initiates but never completes the process.

Any suggestions? I've tried to reload the application on the ipad and that did not work. Syncs fine with my iphone

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited April 2011
    bdahlman wrote:

I purchased iPassword Pro so I could sync mac, iphone and ipad2. Dropbox is setup to store agile keychain. When I try to sync my ipad to my existing account it requests security code 1 and 2 I enter them and sync initiates but never completes the process.

Any suggestions? I've tried to reload the application on the ipad and that did not work. Syncs fine with my iphone

Security code 1 and 2 are from the wireless (wifi) syncing.

Please verify you are correctly trying to preform the setup using the dropbox sync method on the iPad.
  • bdahlman wrote:

• I have followed the instructions posted on Agile's website verbatim as it relates to sync using dropbox. I don't have any issues with my iPhone? Do I need to setup a new database on my iPad before I can sync to my existing keychain on dropbox? Based on the tutorial I was under the impression that if you wanted to sync to an existing database you should select Sync Existing, if I need to create a database on the iPad first I will need to do that step.

Thanks
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    if I need to create a database on the iPad first I will need to do that step.

You are precisely correct. I am sorry for the confusion here.

The "Sync Existing" feature on the welcome screen is only for Wi-Fi (not Dropbox) syncing. We are looking to update this in a future version to add Dropbox syncing to the welcome screen.

In the meantime, please launch 1Password on your iPad, choose the "New Database" option. You'll have to define the master password you want to use in the 1Password app. It does not need to be the same master password you use in 1Password for Windows but it can be if you wish.

Once you're in 1Password, please tap Settings > Sync > Dropbox.

You'll be asked to provide your Dropbox username (e-mail address) and password; you'll also be asked to provide the master password you use in 1Password for Windows (if different from the one you are using on the iPad).

Then 1Password will begin to sync your 1Password data from Dropbox to your iPad.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

We are always here to help!
This discussion has been closed.