Chrome, Opera, and Firefox extensions does not fill Identity and CC items [Fixed in 4.6.0.585]

Ramanathan.k
Ramanathan.k
Community Member
edited August 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Chrome Version: 43.0.2357.134 m

I've also tried to use the test page: http://i.agilebits.com/jasper/form_filling_example.html and the extension does not fill any fields at all.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.583(12)
Extension Version: 4.4.1.90
OS Version: 6.2.9200
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited July 2015

Hi @Ramanathan.k,

Thanks, we'll investigate it. It's not filling on Windows only, works fine on other platform. We'll get this fixed soon.

ref: OPX-1032

• jaimeson
    jaimeson
    Community Member

It's also not filling in fields from Credit Cards either (Windows).

• @jaimeson - Thanks, I will add this to the problem report.

• fpeachm
    fpeachm
    Community Member

On chrome (44.0.2403.107 m), I don't get any part of a form to fill using a 1password identity. What am I missing?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.583
    Extension Version: 4.4.2.90
    OS Version: windows 8.1
    Sync Type: dropbox

• Hi @fpeachm,

I've merged your thread into this one. This is a confirmed regression in our latest extension update on Windows, we will get this fixed as soon as possible.

• odenwald
    odenwald
    Community Member

Hi,

same problem on windows 7, firefox/chrome/ie. The identities auto formfiller do nothing.

• tomlut
    tomlut
    Community Member
    edited July 2015

Identity fill not working on FireFox/Windows 8 for me either.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sorry for the inconvenience! The development team is aware of the issue and working on a fix.

• greenscreen172
    greenscreen172
    Community Member

have tried 3 firefox, chrome and IE and can get nothing to fill in on identities and credit cards. logins still work thank goodness. have deleted extension and reinstalled. still nothing

1Password Version: 4.6.0.584
    Extension Version: 4.4.2
    OS Version: win 7
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:credit cards not filling in

• jese184
    jese184
    Community Member

I'm using Win 8 and have the same issues too

• Hi guys,

We're working on this known issue right now, it will be fixed very soon. We do apologize for the problem.

Credit Card/Identity filling won't work but your Logins should be fine.

@SecretSquirrel, I'm not familiar with this issue on iOS, please do file a separate thread in the iOS forum if you haven't done so yet, the issues are not cross-platform. This one is specifically Windows only from our current analysis.

• Hi @greenscreen172, @jese184, and @secretsquirell, I've merged your posts into this general thread about the same problem. We'll update this thread as we continue to investigate the problem. I know it is taking us a while, it's nontrivial to find, so we're still working on this.

• Thanks for your faith in us. This definitely should've been caught earlier as it is easy to reproduce, it is our fault, and we do apologize. Hopefully, we'll have a fix very soon.

• tinkmichelle
    tinkmichelle
    Community Member

For the past two months no matter which browser I use, 1Password for Windows will not fill credit card or identity sections on any website. When I click on the credit card nothing happens. I must right click and copy and paste the card number and enter everything else manually. Same with identities. I have been using 1Password for many years and have never had this issue. I am using the most up to date version. I have done all the troubleshooting tips I have seen.

1Password Version: 4.6
    Extension Version: 0.584
    OS Version: Bootcamp Windows 8.1 Pro
    Sync Type: Dropbox
    Referrer: forum-search:credit cards & identities are no longer filling

• Hi @tinkmichelle,

I've adjusted your username to remove the @email.com part as it is visible to everyone, it is now just tinkmichelle or you can adjust it in your profile.

I've merged your thread into this general thread about this critical issue, we're working around the hours to investigate the cause and we will update this thread as soon as we find a solution, which we hope to be very soon.

• tinkmichelle
    tinkmichelle
    Community Member

Hi MIkeT,

Thanks for the quick response and not letting me give the world my personal email address. I have absolute faith in you guys & girls. Thanks!!

• Thanks for keeping your faith in us.

• mattz
    mattz
    Community Member

I am using 1Password on Windows 7 with the extension on the latest version of the Opera browser.

Logins seem to work, but when I try to use the extension to fill in identity information or credit cards it no longer works on any website

1Password Version: 4.6.0.584
    Extension Version: 4.4.2.90
    OS Version: Windows 7
    Sync Type: Google Drive

• Hi guys,

While we haven't fixed the issue just yet, we do have a workaround that should restore your filing ability with credit card and identity items. There is a catch; the bug we found is in our library powering the next-generation filling system and the workaround basically reverts you back to the previous generation, where it might be filling very slightly less accurately compared to the new system.

Once we fix it, a new update should install a fixed library file.

Here's how to proceed:

1. Terminate 1Password by opening the main 1Password program and go to the File Menu > Exit
    2. Go to your Program Files (x86) > 1Password 4 directory
    3. Locate the file called brainlib32.dll and rename it to broken-brainlib32.dll
    4. Open the main 1Password program and go to the Help Menu > Restart 1Password Helper

That should work now.

• Hi @mattz,

I just merged your thread into this one as Opera uses the same Chrome extension and has the same problem. This is a known issue that we've been working on several days to fix but we do have a workaround right now. Please read my post above this one to find the workaround.

• jphilips1
    jphilips1
    Community Member

Thank you for workaround - It worked

• That's great to hear, thanks for letting us know.

• greenscreen172
    greenscreen172
    Community Member

could we just get the previous extension version until it's fixed?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@greenscreen172: Since it isn't the extension alone which is causing the issue, that will not help. And unfortunately even if you were to install an older version of the extension, it will be updated automatically by the browser. The best option is to use MikeT's workaround for the time being.

• greenscreen172
    greenscreen172
    Community Member

Makes sense. workaround did the trick so far. thanks

• I'm glad to hear that, thanks for the confirmation it works for you.

• fiamh
    fiamh
    Community Member

Same problem here. Versions match the ones listed here (including the updated 1Password). Filling in username/password still works, but identities and credit card information no longer triggers an insert. No VPN, no proxy active. Happy to provide more details.

• Hi @fiamh,

I've split your post from the other thread as your issue is not the same symptom. Your issue is a known issue, here's the workaround for now: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/223137/#Comment_223137

This discussion has been closed.