Custom and standard labels issue

Domi
Domi
Community Member
edited July 2015 in iOS

I have some issues the labels.

• The edited standard labels doesn´t sync across devices?
  • All my custom label are in lowercase

• When I switch between languages only username and password are translated the other labels not like cardholder name

1Password Version: 5.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS8.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Domi,

I apologize for the confusion here. It is best to leave default field labels at their default value. Any changes made here will not sync across devices. This is a known issue that our developers are working on.

When I switch between languages only username and password are translated the other labels not like cardholder name

1Password is translated using CrowdIn. It is possible that some of the fields might be not be fully translated yet. Which language are you using?

• Domi
    Domi
    Community Member
    edited July 2015

English is my System language on my iOS Devices but in the app german is my language.

As you can see many labels hasn't been translated. Even the button on the right top is not translated.

I have a question why all my the labels are in lowercase? Even my own labels are in lowercase? I think that think is a bug.

• I have a question why all my the labels are in lowercase? Even my own labels are in lowercase? I think that think is a bug.

This was a design choice. It is working as our developers intended.

English is my System language on my iOS Devices but in the app german is my language.

1Password does not have a language selection within the app. It looks at your system language for the language to use. If your system language is English, that would explain why you see English in 1Password.

• Domi
    Domi
    Community Member

This was a design choice. It is working as our developers intended.

But Some german label are in uppercase written like the word "Benutzername" or "Passwort" and "Notizen". I don't like that my custom label are also in lowercase.

1Password does not have a language selection within the app. It looks at your system language for the language to use. If your system language is English, that would explain why you see English in 1Password.

Please explain me for what is this setting?

Like I said some words are translated and some not.

• But Some german label are in uppercase written like the word "Benutzername" or "Passwort" and "Notizen".

It should be consistent, agreed.

I don't like that my custom label are also in lowercase.

I'm sorry. That is how our designers feel the data should be displayed. We do appreciate the feedback though, and I'll be happy to pass it along to them.

Please explain me for what is this setting?

Yes, my apologies, you're absolutely right. I had forgotten about this option in Advanced settings. It was originally added there to test translations, and it seems it has made it into release versions.

Like I said some words are translated and some not.

We use CrowdIn for translations, where anyone can sign up and suggest the proper way to translate the app. Currently I'm showing German as 90% completed, but it does still need some work. If you have translations for those words that you'd like to submit please see our CrowdIn project here:

https://crowdin.com/project/1password-for-ios-and-osx/de

Thanks!

Ben

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

Could the German words be capitalized in labels because nouns in German are capitalized, but not so in English?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015

Indeed. But it's important to note that the custom labels are intact (you can see this when you edit them); they're simply displayed as all lowercase on iOS. :)

• Domi
    Domi
    Community Member

On the Mac my costume labels are in uppercase. Could you please let my costume labels untouched.

Some german standard label are in uppercase.

We use CrowdIn for translations, where anyone can sign up and suggest the proper way to translate the app. Currently I'm showing German as 90% completed, but it does still need some work. If you have translations for those words that you'd like to submit please see our CrowdIn project here:

Only when I create a new login, credit card... the translation works. But my existing login are not translated.
    You know what I mean?

• On the Mac my costume labels are in uppercase. Could you please let my costume labels untouched.

Thanks for the suggestion. There isn't currently a way in the app to make that happen, but I'll certainly pass the feedback along to our designers for their consideration.

Only when I create a new login, credit card... the translation works. But my existing login are not translated.
    You know what I mean?

I think so. Items that you had previously created are translated/displayed differently than new ones that you create now?

Thanks.

Ben

• beingbrad
    beingbrad
    Community Member

So to confirm, it is a known bug that changes to default labels do not sync across machines?

I updated labels from my MBP but these did not sync across to any other installation.

Please confirm. Thanks! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@beingbrad: If you mean capital letters, as mentioned above, this is by design. On iOS, section and find names are lowercase. However, if you Edit the item, you can see you formatting.

If you're referring to something else though, be sure to let me know in detail. A screenshot might be helpful. Thanks in advance! :)

• beingbrad
    beingbrad
    Community Member
    edited July 2015

@brenty Definitely something else then.

I changed the labels, URL and username, to something else on 1 Password on my MBP. They changes have not synced to any other installation of 1 Password. I've checked my phone (iPhone 4S) and my iMac (5k). They all say they've synced within the last minute, but the changes haven't been pushed.

• Domi
    Domi
    Community Member
    edited July 2015

This should answer your question.

I apologize for the confusion here. It is best to leave default field labels at their default value. Any changes made here will not sync across devices. This is a known issue that our developers are working on. @Megan

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @beingbrad,

Domi is right. At this time, default labels should just be left as is. I apologize for the confusion. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns!

• beingbrad
    beingbrad
    Community Member

@megan @Domi @brenty

Thanks! That's what I thought I understood, I was just wanted confirmation. Appreciate the help.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @beingbrad ,

Always happy to help! Have a great day :)

This discussion has been closed.