I recently upgraded from an LG to an LG4. I can"t get into my 1 password app.

cris
cris
Community Member

I synced it with what I thought was my dropbox, but it was my roommates instead. How can i fix this? i am technically challenged. thanks, Cris

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @cris. Thanks for getting in touch with us. Let's figure out where your 1Password data is first off. :)

I'd like you to make sure your data is intact in Dropbox using 1PasswordAnywhere. To do so, log into https://www.dropbox.com in a web browser. Locate the 1Password.agilekeychain folder and open the 1Password.html file you find inside. After logging in with your master password, do you see all of your data in Dropbox? If so, please note the account (I'm guessing it will be your account rather than your roommate's).

Also, when you launch 1Password on your Android, what screen do you see? That is, are you taken to the Master Password screen (which would be the case if you set up a new vault), or are you taken to the welcome screen and given the option to configure sync with Dropbox?

I'll look forward to your reply. Thanks and have a great day!

• cris
    cris
    Community Member

Hi Peri, I just created a new vault with the premium version. I believe my old phone had the free version which did not sync. I can't find it anywhere with the options that were given to me. Would you be able to find or send it to me? i think I had about ten accounts on it. Thank you for your patience. Cris

• Hi @cris. Thanks for getting back to me. :) I'll be happy to help get your new phone synced up.

Can you let me know what version of Android you had on your old phone, and what version of 1Password exactly? The reason I ask is because 1Password 4 has a free and premium version, and both allow syncing. If you were using 1Password 4 on your old Android, you should certainly be able to sync.

If you had 1Password 4 on your old device, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your old Android device, so that I can see where you were syncing, if you were syncing at all:
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• cris
    cris
    Community Member

Hi Peri, sorry for the delay in getting back to
    you. I returned my LGG2 when I upgraded. I don't think I had the premium version. How can I verify my data for you? It's been 2 weeks since I had access to this account. Thanks, cris

• No problem. In order for us to restore your data in your new phone, we will need to have access to the 1Password data folder your old device was syncing to. You mentioned it was configured to sync with your roommate's account. Are you able to get access to that data folder and save it on your personal device?

I also provided additional information in your personal message. Please check your inbox!

This discussion has been closed.