Chrome and IE extension [Resolved later through updates]

Options
rolandb
rolandb
Community Member
edited July 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I used the icon in chrome to log into a web site. Then, next time used IE using the icon to log into the same website 1 password does not automatically log you in. Even using the ctrl \ to load the field, loaded the user name but could not get IE to load the password. This has happened many times. Only way I have found to fix this is to shutdown the computer and restart. using IE 11.0.15 Chrome 43.0.2357.134m 1 password ver 4.5.0.575

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @rolandb,

Can you update 1Password to 4.6.0.583 and see if it will fix your issue? This is an issue we've worked on for that update.

To update, open the main program and go to the Help Menu > Check for New Version.

Can you let me know if it does fix your issue?

• rolandb
    rolandb
    Community Member
    Options

I upgraded to the version you mentioned. Same results. First I ran chrome, used the 1 password icon to select the log in I wanted. Worked find. Logged out and out of chrome. Ran IE used the 1 password icon to select the same log in. Nothing was filled at the bottom of the screen I got a message 1password could not fill any fields in xxxxxx (address) I then shutdown my computer and redid the exact same thing as above with the same results.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rolandb What URL are you seeing this problem with? Thanks!

• rolandb
    rolandb
    Community Member
    Options

https://www.tradingpartnerinsight.com/kohls/Login.aspx

I just tried again and noticed in IE it takes perhaps 10 seconds to load the user but the password does not load. It is instantaneous in Chrome.

This situation also happens on other url for instance https://public.websteronline.com/business

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @rolandb,

It is instant for me in IE when using the first URL. I can't test Webster as it requires a username first to see the password. Maybe try this URL: https://www.websteronline.com/bank/login

Can you try something for me; open Internet Explorer, click on the 1Password icon and go to Settings > Open Login in and set it to Current Tab.

Restart IE and try again, any improvements?

• rolandb
    rolandb
    Community Member
    Options

I did as you suggested is now much faster in IE now. However, I still have the problem where it loads the user. Loads a password, then the password blanks out, 1password ask me if I want to save the new log in. This log in works in chrome so it is NOT because I have the wrong password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rolandb: Sorry for the trouble! I'm not sure I understand what you mean though. Could you give an example with the exact steps you're taking and what's happening — perhaps both in IE and Chrome, to contrast the two? I'm not seeing this issue myself. Also include the 1Password, extension, browser, and OS versions you're using currently. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

• rolandb
    rolandb
    Community Member
    Options

All Fixed.

When I went into 1password to retrieve user name and password I noticed there were several versions of the password, because I had recently been forced to change the password. I deleted the login in completely. Went into chrome and recreated the login and saved it in 1password. Then when I used the log in from IE it worked fine. Thanks for your prompt responses and sincere desire to get to the bottom of the issue.

• LauraR
    Options

@rolandb - I'm so glad that recreating the 1Password record from the 1Password Chrome extension resolved your issue. On behalf of @brenty @svondutch and @MikeT , you are very welcome.

This discussion has been closed.