Password Mini Crash often

akissz
akissz
Community Member

Password Mini crashes often when I am on a website and click the 1password icon, then I show the site info, then I click edit, then I create a new password and click save. It crashes, then it re-starts and I have to re-sign-into 1password. OSX: 10.10.4. Firefox 39.0. 1password Firefox extension 4.4.1. It asks me to submit the crash data to you but I have done this a few times over the last few months. Is there a fix for this yet?

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: 4.4.1
OS Version: 10.10.4
Sync Type: None

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @akissz,

I'm sorry to hear 1Password mini has been crashing when using it to edit your Login items!

From your description, I'm not quite sure if that's a known issue our developers are currently working on, or if it's something specific to your particular setup. I tried doing the same thing you described, but I wasn't able to reproduce any problems. It might help if you can let us know a few more details:

• Does this happen when editing one specific Login item, or has it happened with different items?
    • When you edit the password field, do you type the changes, or do you click the password generator icon?
    • Does this only happen when editing the password? Has it ever happened when editing another field, like username, URL, title, etc?
    • Can you reproduce the problem by editing the password from the main 1Password app, or does it only happen in mini?
    • Do you click the 1Password extension icon in Firefox's toolbar, or the 1Password mini icon in your Mac's menu bar? (Does it make a difference?)

Also, in case it helps, you can try installing the latest beta version of the 1Password extension:

Can you reproduce the crash when the beta extension is installed?

Thanks and looking forward to hearing back from you!

• akissz
    akissz
    Community Member

Hi, - I use the password generator icon usually. From my knowledge so far it only happens when editing the passwords. I do not think it happens within the main app because sometimes when it happens I say screw it and start the main app to do my edits. I think the Password Mini needs to be more streamline; it does not interact as well as the main app sometimes. I do not think it crashes when editing other fields but I do not edit other fields much so not sure. It crashes both places, Mac menu bar or Firefox the same way. I also for other non-related reasons, reinstalled OS X and all my software so it is a really fresh system and it is still crashing today! :) Thanks for listening.

• akissz
    akissz
    Community Member

Oh and by the way I can not re-produce it. I do not think it happens every time... But 1 out of 5 times maybe.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @akissz! I'm not sure why that's happening, but those details are definitely helpful. Have you tried the beta extension? I'll be interested to know if that makes any difference.

By the way, if you're changing passwords for your website logins, you can try doing that by following the steps here: How to change a password for a site saved in 1Password

Those steps are different than what you've been doing, and I suspect the crash won't happen when you try that. So that might be a good way to avoid the problem while waiting for a fix. (But if a crash also happens when following those steps, please let us know!)

• akissz
    akissz
    Community Member

I am aware of the update feature. I use it sometimes. But other times I like making my own methods. Especially if a company makes a new website and their forms are different, I do not think the update feature updates the html form name info data correct at times so I prefer to do it manually for particular many sites. Thanks. Hopefully you can find the bug I mention some time somehow. :) I do not think I will try the beta.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @akissz,

The next time the problem happens, it might help us if you can create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible.

Hopefully there is something in the report that will help us figure out what's going on. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.