How to find file to restore

Options
suzanneshaps
suzanneshaps
Community Member

I had to buy a new MacBook Pro after my hard drive crashed. I have restored files from Carbonite and downloaded 1Password 5 but do not know how/where to find the file with my logins. What is the file called? Thank you. PS I have not yet set up 1Password 5; waiting until I can find the file. May need some help with that, too.

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jasper
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi @suzanneshaps,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us!

Were you previously syncing your data to Dropbox or iCloud? If so, you should just be able to sync your vault from there.

If you weren't syncing, there are a few different files where you might find your data:

• .agilekeychain
    • .opvault
    • .1p4_zip
    • .agilekeychain_zip

If you search for those file extensions, hopefully you can find your vault.

Let us know what you find. :)

• suzanneshaps
    suzanneshaps
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much for helping me. Something very odd happened. Before seeing your message, my computer updated. After restarting, 1Password was no longer on my computer so I downloaded it again. It may have taken me through a couple of steps, I don't remember, but suddenly everything was there. I haven't been able to find any file names with the extensions you listed, though. I'm not sure what to make of this. The restore process from Carbonite has done some very strange things that I need to call them about. Don't know if this is related to those things or not.

I have found these file names and wonder if I still need them:
    1Password.crx
    1Password-1.xpi
    1Password.xpi

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

@suzanneshaps

A google search says the .crx extension is used by the chrome browser and the .xpi extension by the firefox browser. This would have been used by your browsers to fill in the information on web sites.

If it were me, I would just make sure to grab a current one from the "1Password" menubar to make sure you have the latest and greatest. Additionally you can grab them directly thru this url https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions Making sure to visit with the browser you wish to install the extension on.

• suzanneshaps
    suzanneshaps
    Community Member
    Options

Just realized that it is more likely that the 1Password icon had been removed from the dock, not that 1Password was removed from my machine.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @suzanneshaps,

It's too easy to do that isn't it, for me the killer is the Favourites bar in Safari where you can accidentally drag an entire folder of bookmarks out of the Favourites bar and I believe it removes it without a second thought.

Can I ask, where do we stand with your query? It sounds like you have a fully working vault again and given those files you queried about are to do with the extension (and so can be easily re-downloaded from our site) I just thought I'd ask if there are any outstanding points that you would like us to address. If everything is good that's fantastic but if not we'll continue working with you to get it resolved :smile:

• suzanneshaps
    suzanneshaps
    Community Member
    Options

Hi and thank you. Yes, everything seems to be working fine now. Will let you know if that changes. Thanks so much for your help.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @suzanneshaps,

On behalf of JasperP and littlebobbytables, you're most welcome! We're so glad to hear 1Password is working well for you now.

We'll be here for you if you need anything else. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. :)

This discussion has been closed.