How do I add my license saved in my vault? [Add it in the Help Menu > Enter License Key]

sailingtwidget
sailingtwidget
Community Member
edited July 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

My computer was stolen a few weeks ago. I have had it replaced and downloaded 1password. My license key is saved in my vault which I had on the cloud. How do I import or decipher my key so that I don't keep getting the trial expiration thing?

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7 Enterprise
Sync Type: Dropbox
KB Article: add-license

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Have Imissed something obvious? You sync dropbox to download you vault. You point 1Password at it then copy the license key out and into license key enter screen under the help menu.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sailingtwidget: Indeed. If you have access you your vault, and you have stored your license there, you should be able to register 1Password that way.

However, I've resent your license information via email just in case you're not able to get to your data — or if that's simply more convenient. Be sure to let us know if there's anything else we can help with! :)

• Hi @sailingtwidget,

Once you install 1Password, direct it to open your 1Password vault you saved in the cloud folder. Unlock your vault and then copy your license key from your software license item for 1Password. Now, go to the Help Menu > Enter License Key in the main 1Password program to paste it. Once you press OK, it should then register the license for you and remove the trial restrictions.

This discussion has been closed.