Can't set up 1password in iphone 6

Options
bluesky
bluesky
Community Member

Following instructions for setting up 1PW in IOS Safari, after I click on the More button, 1PW does not show up in the list under Activities. I have tried rebooting the phone, but still no go.

How do I get this to work?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• bluesky
    bluesky
    Community Member
    Options

1PW 5
    1PW Pro for iphone
    IOS 8.4
    Wifi Sync

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Please take a look at these knowledge base articles:

I cannot find the 1Password extension on iOS

Enable the iOS extension

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bluesky: Also be sure to actually launch 1Password, as iOS extensions won't be available until the app is used. Please let us know how it turns out! :)

• bluesky
    bluesky
    Community Member
    Options

Not sue what you mean by "actually launch." That's where I started.

• bluesky
    bluesky
    Community Member
    Options

Tried everything in the lists, guys, tried rebooting again, and still no 1PW in the share sheet under More. What's the solution? Just paid $10 for this thing, would like to use it.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

And you've looked at the links provided by Stephen_C? THat makes clear that you need to click on the lower More button. People often do not realise that there are two More buttons.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Not sue what you mean by "actually launch." That's where I started.

@bluesky: Sorry for the confusion! I meant that you need to launch the main 1Password app and set it up before you can enable the extension. Then in Safari, tap the Share [↑] button, scroll the bottom row (not top) all the way to the right to get to More:

Enable the iOS extension

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• bluesky
    bluesky
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately, as I said when I started this conversation, that isn't working, and nothing that your documentation or anyone else has suggested works, either.

So how do I get this app to work?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @bluesky,

What activities are listed when selecting the More button in the 2nd row there?

Also: I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Unfortunately, as I said when I started this conversation, that isn't working, and nothing that your documentation or anyone else has suggested works, either. So how do I get this app to work?

@bluesky: Unfortunately it's also hard to say with so little information why iOS might not be showing an extension at all, but be sure to send the diagnostics and we'll take a look at it. :)

• bluesky
    bluesky
    Community Member
    Options

I am both happy and embarrassed to report that I didn't look at the second row, and there I found it. So now I'm good. Thank you very much for your help!

• Ben
    Options

Excellent. Thanks for the update! :) Glad to hear selecting the 'More' button on the 2nd row resolved the problem. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bluesky: No worries! The best kind of embarrassment is the one that results from finding a simple solution to an annoying problem. At least that's what I tell myself when I find myself in a similar position... ;)

This discussion has been closed.