Keyboard shortcut not working [Resolved on its own]

AGAlumB
AGAlumB
1Password Alumni
edited July 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows
This discussion was created from comments split from: Ctrl \ keyboard shortcut not working.

Comments

• Christo
    Christo
    Community Member

Hi, can I pick up where @ranilev dropped off? I'm having the same issue, same symptoms. To answer your question, changing the shortcut to a non-ctrl shortcut does not help; for example, right now I have it assigned to Shift-Alt-D.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Christo: I hope you don't mind, but I've split you off into a new discussion since you're not even using the default keyboard shortcut, rather than resurrecting an old discussion.

Open 1Password and go to Help > Restart 1Password Helper and let me know if that, well...helps. If not, try restarting Windows. It may be that somethings getting hung up. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

• Christo
    Christo
    Community Member

No problem, the reason I jumped on that one was because I've already been through all the troubleshooting steps referred to in that thread. So I've been through the basics, such as restarting, well, everything. :3

• Hi @Christo,

What versions of 1Password and Windows are you using, as well as the browser you're using?

• Christo
    Christo
    Community Member

Windows 7, SP1
    1Password 4.6.0.583
    Chrome 44.0.2403.107
    Extension 4.4.2.90 (Installed from Web Store)

• Hi @Christo,

I matched your specs as much as I can and I'm not able to reproduce it, even when I changed the shortcut to Control + Shift + A. It was working right away without even restarting 1Password Helper or the browser.

However, you should not be able to use ALT as it is reserved. Can you try Control + Shift + D instead and see if it works.

• Christo
    Christo
    Community Member

Ctrl-Shift-D invokes "Bookmark All Tabs." Changing it to Ctrl-Shift-A, I'm getting nothing. Starting to think maybe there's an extension conflict. I can play around with it more in a few hours.

• We're listening for the keyboard event outside of the browser, so that shouldn't be affected by any of your extensions but rather by your installed programs.

What happens if you try Control + Alt + \?

• Christo
    Christo
    Community Member

Same thing: nothing... :/

I'm (hopefully!) including screenshots of my installed programs... Maybe something catches your eye as a possible conflict?

• MikeT
    edited July 2015

Hi @Christo,

I noticed you have Parallels tool installed, is this a virtual machine with Bootcamp being used as well? Does it happen in both VM and Bootcamp modes? It might be more flakey via Parallels but it should be fine in Bootcamp.

I'm using Parallels here as well and I don't see any issues.

Could you send us your diagnostic report, we might be able to see something in there. Please use this guide to generate a diagnostic report to email to us and, in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email.

• Christo
    Christo
    Community Member

Right now, it's Boot Camp only (I'm currently having issues with Parallels not recognizing the partition).

I'll send the report soon (likely later this evening) and follow up with a post here.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Christo: No worries. We're here for you whenever you're able to send that along. If you can, also post the ticket ID (you'll receive this from BitBot in response to your email) here so we can connect the dots. We'll get this sorted out for you! :)

• Christo
    Christo
    Community Member

So out of nowhere, the problem has corrected itself (and this has been an issue for months). The only thing of significance I've done recently is installed new hardware; I have zero idea how that could've affected anything. I can even switch the shortcut and it works (currently using Alt-\, since I can't map to Win-).

That said, if the issue pops back up, I will move to the next step of creating and sending in a diagnostic report. Thanks!

• Christo
    Christo
    Community Member

@brenty You posted while I was writing my post. Dat timing, doe.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Christo: Well, now. That's bit of a coincidence! :lol:

Thanks for the update. Let's hope that your troubles are behind you, but we're here for you if you run into any more issues. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.