Windows 10 sharing wifi passwords?

prime
prime
Community Member

I read this and this has to be the most stupidest thing I have ever read. Most average people would never think to turn this feature off, and not sure why anyone would want to on.

http://reviews.gizmodo.com/why-the-hell-is-windows-10-sharing-my-wi-fi-passwords-1719900675?utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_facebook&utm_source=gizmodo_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015

@prime: Ugh. Sharing my Wi-Fi password with all of my Facebook friends? Don't get me started. "I like you, man, but I don't like you that much." :lol:

It is a cool feature in theory, but it's super disappointing that this is on by default. The people that are east likely to know to turn something like this off (or even imagine that such a thing could exist) are exactly the people that technology companies need to look out for. I don't know how Microsoft thinks this benefits them, but they must believe it does in some way. :unamused:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

I wonder if Microsoft doesn't want to be bombarded questions like : "I thought Windows 10 had this and that feature? Why isn't it working for me?

I honestly am overwhelmed by the features and dependencies of modern OSes.

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

I know al my Facebook friends, but that doesn't mean I want them to have my wifi password. What if their Facebook gets hacked, now some random person has my wifi password.

• I would think this would be a huge potential hole for corporate espionage. Email with your competitor a couple times, so they add you to their Outlook contacts, get access to their WiFi network, park in their lot and go to town.

I guess we'll see when it actually goes public.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I know al my Facebook friends, but that doesn't mean I want them to have my wifi password.

More importantly, I don't want my Facebook friends sharing my passwords with all of their Facebook friends. :dizzy:

This discussion has been closed.