latest release not filling in userids (previous working)

Options

in chrome i pick a match for site and it skips userid but fills in password. after login fail, i can manually fill in the userid field and reselect match, it skips right over userid and fills in password to login. was not happening previously.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.583
Extension Version: 4.4.2.90
OS Version: windows 7 pro
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @hbrof,

Does it happen on every site or just one? If it is just this specific site, can you try saving a new Login item for the site and see if it works better than the old one?

• hbrof
    hbrof
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike,

At first I thought it might be just a site update that caused this, but it happened on 3 of the 4 sites i logged into since yesterday. i considered re-saving the login's, but wanted to make sure with the percentages so high that it wasn't a bug.

Harvey

• MikeT
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi @bhrof,

I'm not seeing any issue on the dozens of sites I just tried. You are correct that if it is the same issue on all of your sites, it would be a bug on our side.

Which browser are you using and if it is possible to share, which sites did you just tried?

• Peter_Pappas
    Peter_Pappas
    Community Member
    Options

I know better than to butt in where I shouldn't . . . but

I noticed after an update of either my browser (Firefox) or the 1Password program, I re-install the browser plug-in an tons of stuff settles in better. If it is a bad thing to do, please say so, but it has smoothed a lot of things out for me. Not everything, but a lot :)

Peter

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Peter_Pappas: Interesting. It shouldn't be necessary, but also it won't hurt either. Could you describe what differences you're seeing exactly? It almost sounds like maybe there might be some damage to the browser's extension database if you're able to simply reinstall an extension to get it working again. Cheers! :)

• Peter_Pappas
    Peter_Pappas
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Hi Brenty, After 1P updates with a new update I usually get things happen like: Using the browser 1P icon (Firefox), going to a site I want to open in Tags or Logins and click on it and it just ignores me. I can see my long list in Logins, I can scroll to the site I want, but when I click on it nothing happens. Other times (not very often at all) i will get no response from just clicking on the icon, but i have to say that has not happened in a long time now. I just go to the 1P program, install the browser area, install the Firefox again and all is well again. I did "reset' Firefox back to all defaults once thinking I was doing something smart, but that was a pain.

I will add that I am using a plugin called "NoScripts" which is supposed to stop scripts from running on a web site automatically until I "allow" it. it remembers what sites i allow it to run and keeps Firefox from getting bogged down. I "disabled" that for a while, but I saw no difference.

Peter

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Peter_Pappas: Ah, thanks for clarifying that for me! Indeed, that does sound troublesome. It does sound to me like there might be a problem with your Firefox profile and the extension database therein, since it is Firefox that manages extensions. And if the 1Password extension was just broken we'd all be having trouble with this.

That said, there was an extension update recently which did have issues like what you've described specifically in Firefox on Windows, so it may be that you were affected by this issue that time. I do apologize for any trouble we might have caused.

However, depending on how it is configured, NoScript (and similar extensions) can also interfere with the 1Password extension, which uses Javascript to work it's magic, so definitely something to keep in mind.

So at this point, I feel like we should just play it by ear: if you have another problem with the 1Password extension in Firefox, first try simply restarting the browser and disabling NoScript temporarily, as often a browser update will cause some things to break until restart. And if the problem persists, let us know right away so we can look into it. We're here for you! :)

• hbrof
    hbrof
    Community Member
    Options

sorry for the delay - Today i saw it on lpl.com, walgreens.com, chase.com as a few examples. none of them look like they changed login stuff recently. when it fails and i manually enter the info, it is not asking me to re-save either. is there a way to force an update without deleting a record?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @hbof,

Entering an existing information would not cause 1Password to bring up the auto-save prompt because nothing's changed, it is still the same data it already has.

To force the update, enter the data manually and then click on the 1Password icon on the browser's toolbar to go to Settings > Save New Login. choose the option to Replace Login instead of saving a new one.

However, I'm not able to reproduce the issue with Chase.com, which I have an account with. Can you tell me which browser you're using?

• hbrof
    hbrof
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Thanks Mike.

it's chrome, latest update (there have been 2 since this started). so i looked into this a little more with the chase example. turns out that there are two login screens - one is the new one (when you first go to chase.com) and the other (the one that has been around for a while) when you log out and log back in. the older one has the field name "usr_name" that is filled in. The new one seems to use "user_name". I assume this is why it is not being filled in. I manually added the latest to the record so it would work for either. This suggests perhaps a new option "merge with existing" may be necessary when a login field changes as may be the case in the various examples i have given. i wonder, is there a way to expose the fields 1password sees so this can be debugged / resolved more easily by a user?

Harvey

• MikeT
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi @hbrof,

This suggests perhaps a new option "merge with existing" may be necessary when a login field changes as may be the case in the various examples i have given.

That's what Replace "Login item" does, it is replacing the saved fields with the more updated field names.

i wonder, is there a way to expose the fields 1password sees so this can be debugged / resolved more easily by a user?

It's already exposed in your Login items when you edit them, it's the table view on the bottom like so:

This discussion has been closed.