Sharing a license with my wife?

raroman
raroman
Community Member
edited July 2015 in Mac

My wife & I use the same iMac using different logins. Is there a way that we can share 1P5 or do I need to buy 1P for her use?

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 4.4.2
OS Version: 10.10.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited July 2015

I took the liberty of modifying your title to provide a bit more information about your issue to future seekers. Hope you don't mind.

You can share without buying another license. The way to do so depends on where you bought your license, but in either case, you are entitled to share it with up to five other family members in the same household.

If you bought from the AgileBits web store, you would have your wife apply the same license file you have on your installation. You can forward the email you received from AgileBits to your wife, who would then click on the embedded link to apply the license file to her copy. If you need to have the information resent, go to this page and enter the email address you used to make your buy.

If you bought your license from Apple at the Mac App Store, you'll need to set up Family Sharing. Information about that is on the Apple support page. An introduction to Family Sharing is on this page.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @raroman,

It would seem you have a pretty comprehensive response there from hawkmoth - I'm not sure there is much I can add. Should you have any follow up questions please don't hesitate to ask :smile:

• raroman
    raroman
    Community Member

Thanks for taking the time to answer my query.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Any time! Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.